Latest OS upgrade for a Moto X 1st Gen (2013)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Latest OS upgrade for a Moto X 1st Gen (2013)

Does anyone know when the last upgrade was issued? I have the Securit Patch from 2016-04-01, but I seem to recall it being quite recently.

***Edited Labels***

Re: Latest OS upgrade for a Moto X 1st Gen (2013)

Good evening @dannibal,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums!

As per our OS Upgrade Schedule, you can see under "Complete Device Listing", that the Moto X current OS, and most recent, is Lollipop 5.1.1.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you very much. I was hoping to find out when the last update/upgrade would have been sent out. Is there a way to determinie that?

My phone says it is up to date, but it also says that my Android Version is 5.1, not 5.1.1.  Could you be referring to the newer Moto X?

You're very welcome @dannibal Smiley Wink

I also think that it might have to do with the 1st generation versus the 2nd generation, of the Moto X.

I, however, would not want to provide you with misinformation and will be reaching out to some of my colleagues to validate the information.

Thank you in advance for your patience while we investigate.

I'll be getting back to you as soon as I can obtain a confirmation or additional pertinent information.

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks again.

I recall a recent udate/upgrade - if my counter was reset at that time, it was on about May 11. I am wondering whether I was hacked since I find no indication that there was an update recently. Malwarebytes doesn't find anything. Perhaps it was the April Security Patch.

I am tempted to to a factory reset just in case.

Hello again @dannibal,

We appreciate you took the time to bring this to our attention.

The most recent OS for the 1st Generation Moto X (XT1058), is indeed 5.1.

At this time, I am able to confirm that you have the latest operating system available for your device.

It should be reflected on the OS Upgrade Schedule page shortly Robot Very Happy

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

Great. Thanks again.

Are you able to tell when the last upgrade/update would have been sent out? Whether it was 5.1 or just the patch I referred to?