cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG phone won't turn on - Firmware Update

debdaze
I'm here a lot

My LG cell battery died just before midnight on New Years eve, when i plugged it in my vechile on the way home, a screen came up Firmware Update, I am unable to turn on the phone after being charged all night and the screen does not show it is updating, suggestions?

*Edited Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: LG phone won't turn on - Firmware Update

debdaze
I'm here a lot
I just removed battery to find model # and it is all better, thanks for the help tho!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @debdaze

Hmm seems like the device was trying to do a software update and the battery died and its stuck in that loop.

Have you tried to contact LG Canada ( they might be closed due to the New Year's Day). Have you checked on XDA or posted it on there to see if any developer will have any suggestions?

Also have you tried plugging into your PC and on the software to see if it detects it?

thanks, to be honest I am not sure how to do any of those you suggested other than contact LG, it is plugged into my PC but not sure how to get to software...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @debdaze

XDA is a website with forums just like this but has a lotta members which are more familiar with issues on Android devices / developers which can help out more with issues like this.

Which LG device do you have ? You have to download the LG PC Suite program on your PC which backs up the device / and does software updates to.

debdaze
I'm here a lot
I just removed battery to find model # and it is all better, thanks for the help tho!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @debdaze

Glad to hear! You are welcome! 🙂
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation