LG and Rogers , what's the deal?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: LG and Rogers , what's the deal?

I've been searching weekly for the lgv60 on the Rogers webpage with no results . A yes or no answer to if you are going to be carrying it or not ?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm jumping ship this month. Contract over and Rogers carries nothing but overpriced phones while the phones some of us want Rogers ditched, not to mention the over bloated increase in plan price. 

See ya Rogers.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

The only reason I switched to Rogers is because we have a corporate plan discount. Rogers can't give a straight answer as to whether or not they will continue carrying LG phones shows they have no care for transparency or it's customers concerns. I could have left almost a year ago now since I finished my contract but was waiting for a phone I liked.

It's been a year, I'm out. The discount I get isn't even enough to keep me anymore given this is the service we get.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Well, no updates and no information regarding what is in my opinion a far better option than the competition (dollar for dollar).
A bit disappointed Rogers.

I went to LG Canada's website and I see the default colour for the device is blue.
Is that the reason you won't carry it? Cause it doesn't come in red or black?

Branding and all.../facepalm
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

+1, almost 20 years with Rogers, am blind, really need this.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I am also a Rogers customer with a lg5, waiting to upgrade, but I guess the 10% of us might as well switch carriers for a good android! Samsung!? Really!? Wouldn’t touch one .
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I would imagine that far less than 10% of Rogers customers would purchase an LG phone. If the demand was there, they would carry them. You are minority, I am afraid. Rogers (like every other business), is driven by sales and profit. 95% of people want iPhones or Samsung devices, like it or not.

It also may be on LG. They may not want Rogers to carry their devices unless they agree to buy XXX many. Rogers won't do that if they know that they will collect dust.

Bottom line is that they aren't. If you want LG, you are free to switch carriers. 🙂

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Same boat, I sold phones for years and LG was our best seller for sure. Would love to upgrade but may have to switch carrier, haven't seen anything new.