LG V30

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: LG V30

Finally got my v30. How do u tell if it's unlocked again?
I Plan to Stick Around

They are all unlocked direct from LG. Best way to check is pop in another sim card from another carrier. If you don’t happen to have an alternate SIM card from a different carrier to test out on your device, there is a way to test the IMEI number on your device to determine its locked or unlocked status. Google IMEI.info and see what you get.
I'm a Regular

Bug with LG V30 camera/ bit of battery drain in overall os.

I noticed that my camera is most every second or three times I open the app its laggs so much. really want to get a picture of my dog in the sunset down here in Surrey, BC couldn't... and the passed like half a week its been crashing..

and overall the os hasn't not been any bug fixes since android 8.0 oreo on April 4th of this year..

Hello, @cafekief

I appreciate posting your query in the Community. I can imagine the disappointment of missing to capture the perfect moment. Is your phone on OS 8.0 already? Have you tried rebooting the phone? Please provide all the troubleshooting you have done so far. Also, let us know if it's a non-Rogers device as I believe Rogers LG V30 is still on OS 7.1.2. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers V30 should be on Oreo 8.0 with March security update. The OS upgrade page is incorrect, I tried to advise them to fix it and nobody from Rogers even replied back.

Hello, @Shredrex

Thank you for your response and for providing the correct OS version. I appreciate flagging the OS Upgrades page already; I'll have it corrected soon. 

Thank you again!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

From what you describing with lag etc I would suggest you try a format and clean install of Oreo. I normally do that with any major updates even on my pixel phones. 8.0 to 8.1 I wouldn't bother, but 7.1.2 to 8.0 I would. I am betting all will be resolved and running buttery smooth for ya.

I would also recommend you install the LG bridge software on your PC and connect the phone to update the recovery image. Takes about 45 mins, but better safe than sorry.
I Plan to Stick Around

would really like to know why this phone is still sitting on March 2018 security patch level, its now July??????

I Plan to Stick Around

what happened to the June security patch that was supposed to come today?

I Plan to Stick Around

Would like to know if the delay in on Rogers end or LG releasing the update. Anyone? *crickets*