cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V30

tyson_kad
I plan to stick around

Any news or speculation on the V30 coming to Rogers? It's set to release Oct 5th in the States, I'd assume we can't be far behind.

***Edited Labels***

65 REPLIES 65

Re: LG V30

Shredrex
I plan to stick around

Installing the update right now via LG Bridge.

cuca
I plan to stick around

It's available over the air, downloaded it last night.  9pm pacific time.

cuca
I plan to stick around

The September security update is available now over the air.  Just an FYI.

Cheers.

cafekief
I'm an enthusiast

will LG V30 Gigabit speeds and or Android pie(9.0) ever come to Rogers?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @cafekief

As they have mentioned to you in another post. At this moment there is no release date for Gigabit LTE speeds on the phones from Rogers. Once they open it up, they will release a memo / list with which phone will support it.

Stay tuned for more information.

IainS
I plan to stick around

Nice that the V30 is getting some update, my LG G7 is still sitting on July security patch in the middle of October. Completely unacceptable and Rogers needs to do something about this. I want this over $1000 piece of garbage replaced by Rogers with a device that actually gets security updates in a timely fashion.

cuca
I plan to stick around
Did you ever get a resolution to this? The trouble with LG is that they have so much potential, but they seem to just squander it away. I knew going in that getting a v30 was a somewhat risky notion, based on what I read previously. But so far it's fine. Are the patches your only concern?

IainS
I plan to stick around
Nope nothing from Rogers so far other than tech support calling me back and they were clueless. I will not purchase another LG device and I want Rogers to help me get out of this device and into a device that actually gets timely updates, Both LG and Rogers have let their customers down big time with these phones. Getting the monthly android security patches is my main beef, but also LG do nothing to improve on their devices with issuing firmware updates either. They take the money and run so to speak.

cafekief
I'm an enthusiast

Lg V30/system UI and random voice assistance

My LG V30 crashs every day randomly and saying system UI crashed. Why this?
And just this morning it starting loading random voice assistant... Please help/fix this!

Good morning @cafekief!

I am sorry to hear that your phone is crashing like this. 

If you're experiencing daily crashes, it's likely that your operating system install is damaged in some way. I would recommend backing up and factory resetting the device to see if that fixes the crashes.

Should the crashing persist after a factory reset, then that would indicate there is a hardware issue with the phone and we should look into replacement or upgrade options with you. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

Any info on this Fricken phone I love that's not getting alot of attention! FYI like carrier updates for speed increase if that what's it for. Performance/bug fixes... Too

Hey @cafekief,

As this post is quite similar in nature to your other recent posting I'll direct you "there" for assistance.

RogersAndy

So Friday nite my LG V30 drain my battery from 69% to 5% in one hr. This was around the 6pm hr too. Like 20ft from major stable cell tower. It's does like all 4-5 carriers too. Willing to get LG V45 in spring tho I got offered in store $200 off on a two year contract till the 6th thats today.. Will I get offered something in Feb or March when my term is done?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @cafekief

Offers can change at any time.. Unfortunately no one can give you a answer as in February And March other offers can come along / trade in offers. At this point I would just play it by ear and when the time comes close to do this, contact the store and see what they can do for you.

cuca
I plan to stick around
On a side note, I've noticed that alot of U.S.A carriers are updating the v30 and it's getting portrait mode, some cosmetic goodies and security patches from Google. I wonder if we will see that?

cafekief
I'm an enthusiast

@cuca  will this maybe included in Android 9.0 (pie) 

and I see this https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/01/23/rogers-200-dollar-credit-select-phones-trade-in-iphone/?fbclid=Iw...

I just switch my secondary # to from gift away iPhone three years ago to an iPhone XR 128GB and but my LG V30 is still on contact till Oct of this year. I want to keep my iPhone tho just want to trade my LG but I have every main business number for work, friend and family on there! is there an app or application to use on my iPhone or Android to check the messages/calls on that line! like #ROGERSONENUMBERCOMEBACK hehehe

cafekief
I'm an enthusiast

When is a major update coming to this phone. Or minor security update coming. As I'm typing this I'm on my LG v30

cuca
I plan to stick around

So it looks like Android 9 Pie has rolled out in South Korea and many places in Europe.  I also

heard that there is a "Canadian beta" that has been tested by LG.  It's all over the LG V30 reddit

thingy.  So, my question is will we receive pie for the LG V30 in the near future?   Now here's the thing,

on the update page it has a list of expected updates for various phones from different manufacturers. 

But nothing for the V30.  How is that possible?  Clearly somebody is not communicating somewhere.  

Seriously, please don't say the usual line of "we have no idea" or "we haven't heard anything".  

Somebody has to know something.  

Hey @cafekief & @cuca,

I can appreciate both your enthusiasm for having the latest updates for your device. As always, our OS update page will have all the latest news and release dates as they become available. Please check back periodically as we'll update our customers there first.

Regards,

RogersTim

Still no updates at all.... I love my V30 but it's needs a few performance improvements and maybe bug fixes. Please update the device.

cuca
I plan to stick around
So, it has been one month since my last enquiry and..... Crickets. I heard the V30 was updated to pie in Korea, Europe and Australia. However, the update as expected, was a buggy mess. So lg pulled it. What gets me is the lack of information. Nobody knows anything. Why the mystery? Seriously, these update politics are a complete joke. I really don't think people should buy LG phones ever. I'm not, and I'm gonna encourage others to follow suit.
Topic Stats