cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V30

tyson_kad
I plan to stick around

Any news or speculation on the V30 coming to Rogers? It's set to release Oct 5th in the States, I'd assume we can't be far behind.

***Edited Labels***

65 REPLIES 65

Re: LG V30

Shredrex
I plan to stick around
I am a residential customer. Sounds like Rogers has very limited stock of the V30 and no stores have or will have stock. Too bad it is an amazing phone.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

I got some news. Indeed they have limited stock. However they will be getting more from LG. Bell is in the same situation.

Shredrex
I plan to stick around
Another good thing about the phone is it ships unlocked direct from LG 😎

tyson_kad
I plan to stick around

Screen issues

Has anyone heard any official statements regarding the multiple reports of banding and lighting issues with the Oled screen? I have had to exchange two phones already, the third is coming tomorrow. My wife got one at the same time and her screen is perfect.

I'm getting a little discouraged! Though I know there are some out there with flawless screens out there, so I'm playing the lottery on it.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @tyson_kad

Apple is having screen issues on their OLED displays including the Pixel 2 XL from Google.

It seems to a OLED display issue and not the device.

tyson_kad
I plan to stick around
Right, the issue is with the panels, however it is wide spread and inconsistent. Comparing my device side by side with my wife's, hers did not have a single imperfection, where as the two I've had were very blotchy with inconsistent brightness.

My question is if LG or Rogers have publicly addressed these issues.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @tyson_kad

To be honest this is something LG should be taking care of. Rogers all can do is exchange the unit with another one. Rogers as i am aware of doesnt know any of this as many havent reported it.

Have you contacted LG Canada?

tyson_kad
I plan to stick around
I haven't contacted LG Canada yet, but I will do so for sure. Rogers has been very accommodating in trying to make it right for customers. There is a reddit thread with many reports or defective screens, and it seems Rogers is doing a great job with exchanges.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @tyson_kad

Glad to see Rogers is assisting others with this issue.

dmr
I plan to stick around
Finally got my v30. How do u tell if it's unlocked again?

Shredrex
I plan to stick around
They are all unlocked direct from LG. Best way to check is pop in another sim card from another carrier. If you don’t happen to have an alternate SIM card from a different carrier to test out on your device, there is a way to test the IMEI number on your device to determine its locked or unlocked status. Google IMEI.info and see what you get.

cafekief
I'm an enthusiast

Bug with LG V30 camera/ bit of battery drain in overall os.

I noticed that my camera is most every second or three times I open the app its laggs so much. really want to get a picture of my dog in the sunset down here in Surrey, BC couldn't... and the passed like half a week its been crashing..

and overall the os hasn't not been any bug fixes since android 8.0 oreo on April 4th of this year..

Hello, @cafekief

I appreciate posting your query in the Community. I can imagine the disappointment of missing to capture the perfect moment. Is your phone on OS 8.0 already? Have you tried rebooting the phone? Please provide all the troubleshooting you have done so far. Also, let us know if it's a non-Rogers device as I believe Rogers LG V30 is still on OS 7.1.2. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Shredrex
I plan to stick around
Rogers V30 should be on Oreo 8.0 with March security update. The OS upgrade page is incorrect, I tried to advise them to fix it and nobody from Rogers even replied back.

Hello, @Shredrex

Thank you for your response and for providing the correct OS version. I appreciate flagging the OS Upgrades page already; I'll have it corrected soon. 

Thank you again!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Shredrex
I plan to stick around
From what you describing with lag etc I would suggest you try a format and clean install of Oreo. I normally do that with any major updates even on my pixel phones. 8.0 to 8.1 I wouldn't bother, but 7.1.2 to 8.0 I would. I am betting all will be resolved and running buttery smooth for ya.

I would also recommend you install the LG bridge software on your PC and connect the phone to update the recovery image. Takes about 45 mins, but better safe than sorry.

IainS
I plan to stick around

would really like to know why this phone is still sitting on March 2018 security patch level, its now July??????

IainS
I plan to stick around

what happened to the June security patch that was supposed to come today?

Shredrex
I plan to stick around
Would like to know if the delay in on Rogers end or LG releasing the update. Anyone? *crickets*

IainS
I plan to stick around

dont know,its not available either using the desktop update software.

Shredrex
I plan to stick around
The schedule says the June patch is available now....yet no OTA has rolled out? Still nothing via LG Bridge either. Anynody received the update yet?
Topic Stats