LG V30

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: LG V30

curious if you are on a residential or business plan with the phone....they have told me not available on business accounts.

I Plan to Stick Around

I am a residential customer. Sounds like Rogers has very limited stock of the V30 and no stores have or will have stock. Too bad it is an amazing phone.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

I got some news. Indeed they have limited stock. However they will be getting more from LG. Bell is in the same situation.
I Plan to Stick Around

Another good thing about the phone is it ships unlocked direct from LG 😎
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Screen issues

Has anyone heard any official statements regarding the multiple reports of banding and lighting issues with the Oled screen? I have had to exchange two phones already, the third is coming tomorrow. My wife got one at the same time and her screen is perfect.

I'm getting a little discouraged! Though I know there are some out there with flawless screens out there, so I'm playing the lottery on it.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @tyson_kad

Apple is having screen issues on their OLED displays including the Pixel 2 XL from Google.

It seems to a OLED display issue and not the device.
I Plan to Stick Around

Right, the issue is with the panels, however it is wide spread and inconsistent. Comparing my device side by side with my wife's, hers did not have a single imperfection, where as the two I've had were very blotchy with inconsistent brightness.

My question is if LG or Rogers have publicly addressed these issues.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @tyson_kad

To be honest this is something LG should be taking care of. Rogers all can do is exchange the unit with another one. Rogers as i am aware of doesnt know any of this as many havent reported it.

Have you contacted LG Canada?
I Plan to Stick Around

I haven't contacted LG Canada yet, but I will do so for sure. Rogers has been very accommodating in trying to make it right for customers. There is a reddit thread with many reports or defective screens, and it seems Rogers is doing a great job with exchanges.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @tyson_kad

Glad to see Rogers is assisting others with this issue.
Topic Stats
  • 46 replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 14 in conversation