cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V30

tyson_kad
I plan to stick around

Any news or speculation on the V30 coming to Rogers? It's set to release Oct 5th in the States, I'd assume we can't be far behind.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: LG V30

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @tyson_kad

At this moment there is no mention on Rogers carrying the LG V30. If Rogers does carry it, they will update their website with more information and will be posted here.

Keep a eye out on the website!

View solution in original post

65 REPLIES 65

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @tyson_kad

At this moment there is no mention on Rogers carrying the LG V30. If Rogers does carry it, they will update their website with more information and will be posted here.

Keep a eye out on the website!

mobilesupport1
I plan to stick around

there is no official announcement for lg v30 with roger. I cant say anything about this. But there are many other good mobile with roger. so dont bother about lg v30.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @mobilesupport1

Yes that is correct as said above... As that is true, maybe the user wants the V30 so that's why they are asking... Hopefully they will carry it as there is alot of users / customers requiring about it.

akula1
I've been here awhile

looking forward to the LG V30 as well!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @akula1

I hope so! 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

Just got some amazing news!

The LG V30 will be launching at Rogers as of October 20th. Pricing is yet to be announced but will post when I get it! 🙂

tyson_kad
I plan to stick around
That's great news! Thanks for the update.

Any updates on the V30????  The 20th is a few days away and still no information regarding pricing or pre-orders.  It's great to see phones that aren't even being pre-ordered until the end of the month being advertised on the website but nothing on one that comes out in 4 days.  

tyson_kad
I plan to stick around
Spoke with a Rogers rep through chat last night, and the didn't have any info yet. I find it funny how hyped up the iPhone/Samsung/Google phones are compared to others.

Spoke with a Bell rep via chat who said that the v30 is out on the 20th, but didn't have pricing.

A Telus employee posted on Reddit that the pricing was in their computers at $1100 off contract, and $300 on a two year premium. Other sites have said price will be $300 - $400 on contract, and $1100 outright.

Hopefully we get the real story Friday!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

Pricing for the LG V30 is as posted below.

$499 on a Premium Tab
$299 on a Premium+ Tab
$999 outright

The device is available as of today but unfortunately you will need to order it online, over the phone or reserve it to a store. Rogers corporate stores will not be selling it in store to walk ins.

adf23
I've been around
What a sorry excuse for a launch...but it seems as though every carrier is the same and that it's almost exclusively online. Very unfortunate. Not sure if this is an lg problem or carrier issue?...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @adf23

Maybe a LG problem as they decide how the devices are sold and the price together with the carriers.

This should be sold in stores as well. This is how carriers get new customers. When they display the devices and customers can get it without ordering it.

Druter
I've been around

I think it's extremely poor planning on both LG and Rogers' part. LG for treating Canada like a second class market and Rogers for not stocking them in their stores. The US get 2 years warranty Europe gets B&O earphones what does Canada get from LG, a launch 15 days later than the US no headphones  and the standard 1 year manufacturers warranty and we just better be quiet and be thankful they deigned to give us anything.

What does rogers give us high prices poor service and not even bothering to stock the phone in stores and we better be glad they deigned to give us anything.

We really need to stop acting like sheep and put these buggers on notice

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Druter

Unfortunately any extras that are given are from LG Canada and they decide what we get. Sadly LG doesn't seem to see the Canadian market as big as the US market so they launch the device weeks later and barely give us anything good.

Rogers however made a mistake only launching the device via ordering online and over the phone. Don't know if this is just Rogers doing this but it's poor planning on their end.

I know Best Buy has has Rogers V30 models in store so I'll check the device out later tonight and see.

Shredrex
I plan to stick around
I was at Best Buy today, no phones in stock. Nothing even listed on the website. Ordered mine through Rogers as a hardware upgrade...now waiting to see how long it takes to get a ship confirmation. Disappointing how poorly this device has been rolled out in Canada. Hoping it is worth the trouble and hoop jumping to get it.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Shredrex

Depends which location. My old Best Buy location had 2 in stock this morning and they got sold within the hour they opened.

Some locations did not have any it seems.

Honestly this seems to be a issue with LG. Bell and Telus are the same. You have to order it to get it. Some stores got lucky to even have 1 but that's all.

Shredrex
I plan to stick around
True I am sure major centres and geographical location had lots to do with what stores had stock. When I asked in Best Buy in London, the sales guy had no idea what a V30 was 🙄

I blame LG for the poor roll out and suspect Canada is not "major market" for them. I am sure LG made it so the carriers and retailers had to stay silent on details until launch day as well.

Still very disappointed, made worse by the poor online ordering system Rogers has currently. But it is what is, and hopefully it will all be worth it when the phone arrives and is in my hands.

I think it was a carrier issue, Lg was shipping the v30 carrier unlocked. Got mine through booth wireless slapped a bellmts card in it and no need to enter unlock code. Tried with other simcards to...same result...no unlock code requested.

Shredrex
I plan to stick around
I got my V30 Monday and it also came unlocked from Rogers. Either way was worth the hassle, I am loving this phone!

dmr
I plan to stick around

curious if you are on a residential or business plan with the phone....they have told me not available on business accounts.

Topic Stats