cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 to be available in Canada

jfdesrosiers
I plan to stick around

For any Canadian with ears, 2015 and 2016 were very disapointing years. The HTC 10 limited to Bell, the LG V10 or the HiFi module on the LG G5 not sold in Canada were very bad news. 

Hope seems to be around the corner with latest announcement from LG: The V20 should be available in Canada... that is if any provider dare to sell something that sounds good; not Samsung.

Other than the usual "Rogers cannot confirm or infirm devices availabilty..." does anyone have information about how the V20 will be marketed in Canada? 

***Edited Labels***

90 REPLIES 90

Re: LG V20 to be available in Canada

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @igorl

You are welcome! 🙂

New V20 owner here also interested in VOLTE & wifi calling. Here's hoping LG will also provide a timely update to 7.1.1 (or 2).

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @westhead74

Once LG release the updates to Rogers, Rogers then will make sure those updates work on their network and change a few things. Then they will release it to u guys.

igorl
I've been here awhile

How strong is your signal strength/ reception on V20? For me it was not so evident from the beginning, but now the poor signal reception and choppy calls (incoming/outgoing) became a reality, in the places my Samsung Galaxy S5 was able to handle signal decently, and other devices of co-workers, mostly Sammy's and iPhones have acceptable signal strength while I have dropped a lot of calls. Unfortunately, at this point my 30 min call time Iimt's gone so I stuck with LG V20, which otherwise is a fantastic device. I know the person with V20 ( different carrier) was having the same issue but with WIFI calling it's working much better. Rogers needs to switch on the WiFi calling/ VoLTE for V20 asap, hopefully with the next  OS upgrade, it became essential now!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @igorl

My coworker has one and he said the same issue as u are having he does have. Signal in most places is fine expect for home, work or even at his local grocery store. When he had the Priv before that, he got much better signal.

My reception (work/home/out and about) seems no better and no worse than my previous Note 4.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @westhead74

You would think, making new devices they would add more room for antennas for better signal right?

In the end it comes down to that some may have issues that others dont.
Topic Stats