LG V20 to be available in Canada

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: LG V20 to be available in Canada

Hello @igorl

Rogers at the moment does not support WiFi Calling on the V20 as per their site and WiFi Calling shows.

A compatible Rogers device, including one of the following:
LG G4 with Android software version 6.0 (or later) installed
LG G5 with Android software version 6.0.1 (or later) installed
LG G6 with Android software version 7.0 (or later) installed
The Wi-Fi Calling feature enabled on your device.

As for VOLTE, i believe they do but check ur setting under mobile and see
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you, Meowmix! But this was exactly my question: ROGERS activated it on all LG's, even on LG 4, but not V20, so why is that and do they plan to add V20 in the near future? Device itself supports WiFi calling, so the problem clearly lays with Rogers. And no, VoLTE is not there as well. Sad

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @igorl

It seems not all LG devices have it. Only the G4, G5 and G6. Any other LG device including the G3, V10 and K4 do not support it by Rogers. It seems to be a software update Rogers needs to roll out to enable it on the V20 once their side. Will they do it? U won't get the actual answer as the only ones that know us head office and the developers department which none of those talk to the public.

I'll try and get some information for you
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you, I appreciate!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @igorl

You are welcome! 🙂
I'm Here A Lot

New V20 owner here also interested in VOLTE & wifi calling. Here's hoping LG will also provide a timely update to 7.1.1 (or 2).

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @westhead74

Once LG release the updates to Rogers, Rogers then will make sure those updates work on their network and change a few things. Then they will release it to u guys.
I've Been Here Awhile

How strong is your signal strength/ reception on V20? For me it was not so evident from the beginning, but now the poor signal reception and choppy calls (incoming/outgoing) became a reality, in the places my Samsung Galaxy S5 was able to handle signal decently, and other devices of co-workers, mostly Sammy's and iPhones have acceptable signal strength while I have dropped a lot of calls. Unfortunately, at this point my 30 min call time Iimt's gone so I stuck with LG V20, which otherwise is a fantastic device. I know the person with V20 ( different carrier) was having the same issue but with WIFI calling it's working much better. Rogers needs to switch on the WiFi calling/ VoLTE for V20 asap, hopefully with the next  OS upgrade, it became essential now!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @igorl

My coworker has one and he said the same issue as u are having he does have. Signal in most places is fine expect for home, work or even at his local grocery store. When he had the Priv before that, he got much better signal.
I'm Here A Lot

My reception (work/home/out and about) seems no better and no worse than my previous Note 4.