cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 to be available in Canada

jfdesrosiers
I plan to stick around

For any Canadian with ears, 2015 and 2016 were very disapointing years. The HTC 10 limited to Bell, the LG V10 or the HiFi module on the LG G5 not sold in Canada were very bad news. 

Hope seems to be around the corner with latest announcement from LG: The V20 should be available in Canada... that is if any provider dare to sell something that sounds good; not Samsung.

Other than the usual "Rogers cannot confirm or infirm devices availabilty..." does anyone have information about how the V20 will be marketed in Canada? 

***Edited Labels***

90 REPLIES 90

Re: LG V20 to be available in Canada

Ya I meant when Wind gets their new technology installed so the V20 can get LTE speeds. I may switch on Friday to wind but I'd like to know I don't have to wait awhile for the upgrade

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JerradR

They won't say unless it's for sure coming ( Rogers).

Wind has actually already said their new technology will be implemented late 2016/early 2017, just hoping it's not too late. When it happens isn't connected to Rogers

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JerradR

Well we shall see what happens when they do release it.

FredFarkle
I've been here awhile

The roll-out process in Canada sucks. We Canadians have been patiently waiting since the V20 was announced back in August for the news from Rogers and Bell, and there is no news. Dates, colours and prices are available south of the border,  but both Bell and Rogers have said zip.

We deserve better. We pay more, we wait more, we get told less, and after the fact, we lose. CSRs don't know, Corporate says zip, and this is not fair treatment.

Come on Rogers: there are a lot of people wanting this  phone.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @FredFarkle

Unfortunately Rogers can't do much if Wind and Videotron have a 90 day exclusive rights for the device. That means Rogers nor any carrier can't release the device nor announce it until the exclusive rights are up.

So Rogers can't do much sadly until then.

FredFarkle
I've been here awhile

Thank you, Meow mix for that answer. It helps in understanding why there is a delay.

Now,  let's have Rogers pass the word along to their Sales staff. It will clarify somewhat, but there is also a larger issue: will Rogers actually contract with LG for that phone, or will we get screwed again? 90 days of waiting to find out that Rogers may not carry it. 

Next: if Wind is selling it, how good is their coverage?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @FredFarkle

Again no one knows what will happen after the 90 day exclusive rights. Rogers could be talking to LG but LG could be asking for alot so Rogers may not offer it. Again no one knows what's going to happen unless u work in that department and even then they can't publicly say anything.

Unfortunately this is a Rogers forum so speaking about another carriers coverage is not allowed on here. You can find that on the Internet.

jm33
I've been around

I tried to buy the phone outright from Wind so I could unlock it for Rogers. The sales rep told me to wait because Rogers will be getting it.  I hope he is right. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jm33

We shall see. Again they don't know what Rogers or other carrier are going to do. They are just assuming. Unless Rogers announces it. I would take it with a grain of salt.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys

Well this isn't good at all. The glass infront of the camera lens cracks and breaks very easily....

" Other instances reported include a user who claims they simply set it down on their desk, and one who had been running their flashlight for 30 minutes.

The LG V20 hit the shelves in Canada about three days ago, on October 28th"

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/10/31/the-lg-v20s-camera-glass

I read all your posts about LG phones . I got LG 4 (before the iPhone and Samsung)  , being honest never had problems with the battery ( exception of how much play) , or moisture (never) .  My guess is that you are a promoter of Samsung or iPhone. I can assure you I do not have intention to change the LG brand to another.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @MrOoops09

How so? I can give you link towards Android Authority, Mobilesyrup and other sites which many users have complained about the battery issues on the LG G4. Please do not come on here assuming someone works for a company just because they have their opinion and issues with a device. Just because u have no issues, does not mean everyone else doesn't.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Goodevening everyone!

I have learned that the LG V20 will be launching on Rogers and Bell in March. ( sometime with the next couple of weeks).

Here is the pricing from Rogers.

" Additionally, the Rogers document discloses that the V20 will be $729 on a two-year Talk and Text plan, $629 on a two-year Smart Tab plan, $479 on a two-year Premium Tab plan and $279 on a two-year Premium+ Tab plan"

It should be going on the reservation system soon or at your local Rogers store within the next couple of weeks. I'll keep you posted on a date when I get one!:)

DrewLazz
I plan to stick around
Well, it's great they're carrying it, although 6 months is a long, long time in cell phone years.
I can't see myself dropping $280 on this when the G6, S8 et al are right around the corner. The shine is definitely worn off for me on the V20 (even though the G6 won't have the quad DAC in Canada).

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @DrewLazz

Agreed. Even though it's a nice phone, I haven't seen any advertising for it and also the price is a it high concidering that you can get the S8 and or the G6 for a bit more when they come out.

Still it's a good phone for whoever wants it. 🙂

igorl
I've been here awhile

WiFi calling/ VoLTE LG V20

Got my LG V20 from Rogers. Fantastic phone, so far so good, no problems with WiFi connection or others people complained about this phone. The only frustration is that Rogers didn't activate WiFi calling or VoLTE, while other LG devices have it activated.  Will Rogers activate these functions on V20 and, if yes, when it can be expected and why it's taking so long, this phone is the last year model! Really hope that at least it's being tested right now. If anybody has information?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @igorl

Rogers at the moment does not support WiFi Calling on the V20 as per their site and WiFi Calling shows.

A compatible Rogers device, including one of the following:
LG G4 with Android software version 6.0 (or later) installed
LG G5 with Android software version 6.0.1 (or later) installed
LG G6 with Android software version 7.0 (or later) installed
The Wi-Fi Calling feature enabled on your device.

As for VOLTE, i believe they do but check ur setting under mobile and see

igorl
I've been here awhile

Thank you, Meowmix! But this was exactly my question: ROGERS activated it on all LG's, even on LG 4, but not V20, so why is that and do they plan to add V20 in the near future? Device itself supports WiFi calling, so the problem clearly lays with Rogers. And no, VoLTE is not there as well. Sad

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @igorl

It seems not all LG devices have it. Only the G4, G5 and G6. Any other LG device including the G3, V10 and K4 do not support it by Rogers. It seems to be a software update Rogers needs to roll out to enable it on the V20 once their side. Will they do it? U won't get the actual answer as the only ones that know us head office and the developers department which none of those talk to the public.

I'll try and get some information for you

igorl
I've been here awhile

Thank you, I appreciate!

Topic Stats