LG V20 to be available in Canada

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: LG V20 to be available in Canada

Hey guys, been reading the thread for awhile so decided to sign up.

If I remember reading correctly (which looks like you guys already know) something happened like wind won the bidding on new licensing for better technology to reach faster data speeds (apparently their current data isn't up to the standards of the big 3). But currently no phones have the hardware to take advantage of this until 2017 except for... you guessed it, the LG V20.

I assume they must have paid a lot for this current (and maybe timed) exclusivity.

I'm considering getting this phone (currently with Telus) but I've heard service in general is bad where I live (greater Vancouver area).

My main concern is exactly when this new technology or whatever it is will be installed. I'm going to try and get some answers before Friday comes along.

Cheers
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JerradR

Unfortunately you won't get that answer you are looking for for on here. No one knows when Rogers will update their systems to get higher speeds and also more improvements. It can happen anytime next year or the year after. Unfortunately no word from Rogers has been announced on this.

At this time the V20 seems to be only with Windows Mobile in Canada other them Videotron in Quebec.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JerradR @DrewLazz @hunnylover2

" We appreciate you interest D. Our confirmed providers for the LG V20 at the moment are WIND Mobile and Videotron. Thanks"

This is straight from LG Canada. So it seems only Videotron on Quebec and Wind in rest of Canada got confirmed to get them only from what i can tell. So Rogers most likely won't get it or will get it within the next 3-4 months ( if wind has the 90 day exclusive rights).
I'm Here A Lot

Ya I meant when Wind gets their new technology installed so the V20 can get LTE speeds. I may switch on Friday to wind but I'd like to know I don't have to wait awhile for the upgrade
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JerradR

They won't say unless it's for sure coming ( Rogers).
I'm Here A Lot

Wind has actually already said their new technology will be implemented late 2016/early 2017, just hoping it's not too late. When it happens isn't connected to Rogers
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JerradR

Well we shall see what happens when they do release it.
I've Been Here Awhile

The roll-out process in Canada sucks. We Canadians have been patiently waiting since the V20 was announced back in August for the news from Rogers and Bell, and there is no news. Dates, colours and prices are available south of the border,  but both Bell and Rogers have said zip.

We deserve better. We pay more, we wait more, we get told less, and after the fact, we lose. CSRs don't know, Corporate says zip, and this is not fair treatment.

Come on Rogers: there are a lot of people wanting this  phone.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @FredFarkle

Unfortunately Rogers can't do much if Wind and Videotron have a 90 day exclusive rights for the device. That means Rogers nor any carrier can't release the device nor announce it until the exclusive rights are up.

So Rogers can't do much sadly until then.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you, Meow mix for that answer. It helps in understanding why there is a delay.

Now,  let's have Rogers pass the word along to their Sales staff. It will clarify somewhat, but there is also a larger issue: will Rogers actually contract with LG for that phone, or will we get screwed again? 90 days of waiting to find out that Rogers may not carry it. 

Next: if Wind is selling it, how good is their coverage?