cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 to be available in Canada

jfdesrosiers
I plan to stick around

For any Canadian with ears, 2015 and 2016 were very disapointing years. The HTC 10 limited to Bell, the LG V10 or the HiFi module on the LG G5 not sold in Canada were very bad news. 

Hope seems to be around the corner with latest announcement from LG: The V20 should be available in Canada... that is if any provider dare to sell something that sounds good; not Samsung.

Other than the usual "Rogers cannot confirm or infirm devices availabilty..." does anyone have information about how the V20 will be marketed in Canada? 

***Edited Labels***

90 REPLIES 90

Re: LG V20 to be available in Canada

DrewLazz
I plan to stick around
Nooooo! I want the rear volume so badly. I don' think anyone who's owned the G3 or G4 wants to go back to side volume rockers.

If the V20 has side volume/power and the modular bottom, it'll be a deal breaker for myself and many others.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @DrewLazz

Yeah i know. The Volume buttons on the back are a great addition to a device as its easier to use but i guess LG is going back to side buttons now.

GibMcFragger
I'm a reliable contributor

That audio DAC though. I am interested again.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @GibMcFragger

That is interesting I won't lie. The G4 is louder then the S7 Edge

GibMcFragger
Yea. LG has always been better than Samsung at sound quality.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @GibMcFragger

Yeah i agree on that. Anyways hopefully we see the V20 here.

GibMcFragger

Should be. They have already said that it's coming to Canada. Now, that doesn't mean Rogers will pick it up.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @GibMcFragger

Exactly. Depends on which carrier pays more to carry it and which carrier LG wants it to be on

GibMcFragger
I see you've already sold your soul for a Note 7.

I've managed to resist.. So far lol.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @GibMcFragger

Doesn't mean I won't get the V20 when it comes :). I get most devices that come out!

GibMcFragger
Lol You sounds like me, although I've toned it down this year.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @GibMcFragger

I might have to my self! Lol

GibMcFragger
I didn't want to, but I was told that my next phone came with a divorce, lol.

mwake
I plan to stick around

I am very much looking forward to this phone.  It seems to have everyting.  Although wondering if it has an IR blaster?  Im still usng my HTC M8 IR blaster nad love the convienece of it.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @mwake

It seems many manufactures are taking the IR blaster off of their devices. As good as they are, many use them to shut off TVs, Screen and such at places like Best Buy or other electronic stores and events. Also it seems they want to make the phone thinner in which that part gets removed like some others.

mwake
I plan to stick around
LG V20 just officially launched in US today. There are a few US carriers that are going to sell it. As far as I can see no word yet on Canadian carriers, hopefully this will come soon!

DrewLazz
I plan to stick around

I'm very, very happy with the design of this device! Great second screen use, high screen to bezel ratio, no goofy expansion slot.. this feels like a true successor to the G3/G4. 

My only real issue is the removal of the rear buttons. Once you get used to the rear volume/power placement, it's very hard to go back to side buttons.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @DrewLazz

Thus why i am not getting it. One step forward, two steps backwards it seems like with LG lately. Removing the back volume and power buttons was a mistake as u have had 3 flagships with them, why remove them?

mousetamer
I'm a trusted contributor
I won't be getting any more LG phones any time soon. I'm not thrilled with the lack of the promised security updates. I love the G4 I currently have, but each day I worry about it doing the bootloop of death. I'm going back to the Nexus/Pixel line.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @mousetamer

Honestly its not as bad compared to Motorola which said they won't do the security updates lol.

phonefan
I plan to stick around

I have friends that swear the G4 is still the best phone in the market and then a couple of them became victims of the bootloop but they still swear by that phone lol. That bootloop issue is ridiculous and took them ages to admit it.  The only time I had a bootloop death was actually my Nexus 7 tablet...lasted 3 years though...never cared to fix it though because I have two other newer tablets...

Topic Stats