cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 to be available in Canada

jfdesrosiers
I plan to stick around

For any Canadian with ears, 2015 and 2016 were very disapointing years. The HTC 10 limited to Bell, the LG V10 or the HiFi module on the LG G5 not sold in Canada were very bad news. 

Hope seems to be around the corner with latest announcement from LG: The V20 should be available in Canada... that is if any provider dare to sell something that sounds good; not Samsung.

Other than the usual "Rogers cannot confirm or infirm devices availabilty..." does anyone have information about how the V20 will be marketed in Canada? 

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: LG V20 to be available in Canada

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JerradR @DrewLazz @hunnylover2

" We appreciate you interest D. Our confirmed providers for the LG V20 at the moment are WIND Mobile and Videotron. Thanks"

This is straight from LG Canada. So it seems only Videotron on Quebec and Wind in rest of Canada got confirmed to get them only from what i can tell. So Rogers most likely won't get it or will get it within the next 3-4 months ( if wind has the 90 day exclusive rights).

View solution in original post

90 REPLIES 90

GibMcFragger
I'm a reliable contributor
You will not find any info from any carrier until it's announced.

That said, I hope they pick it up. Who knows though, as the G5 was as popular as a hot turd.

It seems to be Apple vs Samsung now, and carriers generally only carry what they think will sell (read: sign up the most people to 2yr terms).

I hope they do decide to carry it (at a reasonable price point), as the V10 was a great phone.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jfdesrosiers

You have do understand that there isn't any information given to carriers if the device won't be sold in Canada. What do u expect them to say to u? They don't have information thus why they are saying that. Blame LG which won't bring it to Canada, not the carriers. LG wants big bucks for the devices from what i have seen and heard from others. If the carriers don't want to pay for that, then they won't as they see Samsung, Apple and some Sony phones are more popular then that one I guess. Again nothing can be said with no information.

jfdesrosiers
I plan to stick around

LG announced the V20 WILL be available in Canada. Sales will begin as soon as Sept 6th is US. I just find strange that nobody is talking about (or anticipating) the first device to have a native 32 bits DAC and Android Nougat. 

I though many LG G4s users were waiting the next flagship from LG... maybe not!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jfdesrosiers

Many LG G4 /G5 users are mostly looking at other devices other then LG due to the software updating, battery draining which is something huge on the forums here. We shall see what happens.

GibMcFragger

I do miss the rear volume buttons though (I had the G4), and I like LG's skin better than Touchwiz.  The V20 may tempt me from my S7 Edge, IF the price is right.

Updates were ok with the G4, only because I wasn't afraid to flash another carrier's update. Rogers lagged behind every other carrier as usual.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @GibMcFragger

I agree but again the battery issues with the G4 ( as u can see in the threads) and other issues made many leave LG. Plus it seems like LG is behind many others when they didn't give headphones with their devices, the G5 has a module battery but some are having water issues with their device ( moisture issues). I guess eveyone is different but i seen many complaints on those issues.

Hopefully the V20 comes to Rogers and in Canada soon.

GibMcFragger
Yea. There seems to be some quality control issues with LG. Always has been. That's too bad being they are trying to take a chunk of Samsung's sales.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @GibMcFragger

Don't get me wrong, I love LG but they have gotten worse on their devices especially on quality control wise.

Anyways back on track lol.

GibMcFragger

Looks like it may have the module system like the G5, and they ditched the rear volume buttons.

Bleck. Never mind. Count me out.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @GibMcFragger

Count me out as well. It does not seem like a interesting device for me.

GibMcFragger
I'm not a Samsung guy by any means, but let's be honest..... Nothing will beat the S7 Edge/Note 7 this year.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @GibMcFragger

No not really. LG seems to be going one step front and one step back again.

GibMcFragger
I know. That sucks. I like it when there are choices and competition in the market.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @GibMcFragger

The idea of the V20 is great and all but the module battery does not make sense to me. They knew from the G5 it had issues with moisture and also other little issues but they still added it on. I guess LG is still trying to compete with Samsung and iPhone in which will not listen to its customers.

GibMcFragger
They also fired the design team that did the G5. I'm betting that the V20 was so far along in production by the time they did that, that they couldn't change it. That would explain the continued modular design, as well as the fact that it takes design cues from the G5, which basically bombed.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @GibMcFragger

Yeah i heard about that. At this point the G6 or whatever they will call it should be a different design and no module battery.

Anyways as for the V20, MobileSyrup posted images of what it would look like but no specs ( confirmed) or design. Lg did confirm it will come to Canada but gave no details to what carrier, what price or anything. So we shall see.

DrewLazz
I plan to stick around
Where are you guys seeing that the volume buttons on the V20 are not on the rear? Every leak I've seen shows rear volume buttons, rounded and with a circular power button very similar to the G3.

I don't know about removable battery yet, but leaked shots do show what looks to be a removable backplate.

I really want the DAC in this phone to be good, but honestly so far it's all been marketing speak about their "32-bit Quad DAC". Bitrate matters, but it's not nearly as important as they're making it out to be. I'd much rather have a quality 24-bit DAC than a middling 32-bit DAC that wants to upsample all my music.

Still, this may turn out to be the right upgrade path for those with a G3/G4 who skipped the G5 this year.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @DrewLazz

" Digital pics of the front of the V20, meanwhile, show a secondary ticker above the primary display, a la the V10. And on the sides appear to be a power key (on the left) and volume rocker (on the right). They’re a potential harbinger of a new LG aesthetic — traditionally, the Korean smartphone company has positioned power and volume buttons on the rear of its handsets. That no longer seems to be the case."

As you can see on the link below, the images that were leaked out show the volume rocker on the side of the device and not on the back anymore.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/lg-may-try-bounce-back-095537646.html

http://www.androidbeat.com/2016/08/lg-v20-leak-shows-off-design-upcoming-flagship/

http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-v20-cad-renders-reveal-possible-modular-design

DrewLazz
I plan to stick around

I think those are older leaks/renders, @Meowmix.  The more recent ones all show volume rocker on the back, camera bump, power (and/or fingerprint sensor) on the rear, and smooth sides. Further, they show that the sides don't have any gap or break near the bottom, leading me to believe it won't have the same modular system as the G5.

http://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/article/83155-image/LG-V10-successor-V20-or-V11-to-be-released-in...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/digitaltrends-uploads-prod/2015/12/lg-v10-0022-1500x1000.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/YcJBUp0jmZM/maxresdefault.jpg

http://cdn01.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/LG-V10-Hands-On-23-840x560.jpg

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @DrewLazz

Look at the date on the second and last link. Posted December 2015 and last link posted September 2015. The links i posted are from this year and a month or so are all up to date from April 2016 till August 2016.

Here you go as well.

https://twitter.com/onleaks?lang=en

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-v20-renders-features-708851/

" likely with a fingerprint sensor embedded in it – where as the volume keys have been moved to the left, just like with the LG G5. It seems that LG’s iconic rear power and volume layout could be a thing of the past.

Posted

by: NiraveAugust 9, 2016"
Topic Stats