LG G7 EXTREME LACK OF UPDATES

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: LG G7 EXTREME LACK OF UPDATES

i dont mind getting a new device and renewing the contract but i want them to help with the LG G7 device balance, i refuse to pay the whole thing of $1000.
I Plan to Stick Around

I just bought the G7 today since it's the cheapest phone with my current upgrade that has both wifi calling and wireless charging that won't cost me $500 upfront lol

I came from an Android blackberry which had almost monthly updates. I found my phone had a really old update and found this thread. I am very disappointed in regards to the lack of updates and may return this phone within the 15 days because of it and may even get the LG G7 One even though it doesn't have wireless charging. Anywoo, I found that Fido lists the following scheduled updates for their phones here...

https://forums.fido.ca/t5/custom/page/page-id/forumpage.osupgradesen

It shows their G7 will be getting the October update soon with the G7 One getting pie. If our phones hasnt even seen an update since July I highly doubt our phones won't be getting android P. Too bad! This phone seems to have everything I wanted....
I Plan to Stick Around

I have updated to the Pixel XL 3 from this device and will be putting it up for sale as quick as possible, NO more LG devices again for me, terrible customer service and the lack of support from Rogers also.
I Plan to Stick Around

November security updates are being pushed out to Pixel devices which by all means LG and Rogers are breaking their update agreements with Google which requires a maximum of 3 months between updates.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Interesting.. is there an update for the g7 available from Rogers? Well, I hope you like the pixel phone, I hear it's pretty sweet.
I've Been Around

Google phones will always get updates the fastest as google created android...

That's the delay really. Rogers asks for update & google makes one. The provider tests/tweaks it to make sure it runs on its phone & network properly. This could take months to get done. 

LG has always had a bad history with updates. Samsung too but not nearly as bad as LG.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes i really like the new pixel, LG and Rogers are both to blame for lack of updates on the G7, if LG refuses to update their phones then Rogers should stop selling LG devices. There is still not any updates to the G7 since July, totally acceptable from both of them. Rogers has made no attempt to help me with the situation.

I Plan to Stick Around

My LG is downloading an update as we speak..