LG G6 August Security Update Breaks MMS over WiFi

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: LG G6 August Security Update Breaks MMS over WiFi

I have been experiencing this issue ans following this thread. Its good to hear you are working on a resolution. Please let us know once its fixed
I've Been Around

I too have recently been noticing that my pics wouldn’t send on messaging. I went into a Rogers store and they turned off the VoLTE and had me try to send a pic. It worked and I thought that it had been fixed. Until I got home and it didn’t work again. After much playing with settings and testing, I was able to determine that the pic sent while at Rogers was only due to the phone using data and that whenever on wifi, it wouldn’t work. I tried with different wifi’s but they still were not sending. Any time that I turned wifi off my pics would go through. I have gone back to the store and also called tech support but they were unable to help or even give any suggestions other than “It must be a hardware problem.” They were not even aware of any others with this problem and it was only by luck that I found this thread.  “Rogers” and “LG” please work together and help your customers!!!

I Plan to Stick Around

@nohoski, not sure if you read thru this thread but the workaround is to enable wifi calling.
I've Been Here Awhile

How do I send a message about this issue to the community group?

I've Been Here Awhile

How do I make a complaint?

I'm Here A Lot

You will need to complain right to LG directly
I Plan to Stick Around

If you're experiencing the MMS over WiFi issue, send a private message to @CommunityHelps and they will record it as they are working with LG to get this fixed.

I've Been Around

My LG G7 One does the same thing. As soon as I put my Bell sim card in it works fine
I Plan to Stick Around

@gmarcoux wrote:
My LG G7 One does the same thing. As soon as I put my Bell sim card in it works fine

Well that's interesting. I'm actually not surprised. I do the mobility stuff for the company I work for and I have had quirky issues with LG devices...it always seems to affect the G5, G6 and G7 in the exact same way.

I'm Here A Lot

When I click on that @comunity link I just get an "about" page???
No place for me to send message