LG G6 August Security Update Breaks MMS over WiFi

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: LG G6 August Security Update Breaks MMS over WiFi

....and #FAIL.

Never again will I buy LG. I had a G4 and stupidly gave them a 2nd chance on the G6.

I Plan to Stick Around

Interesting...a new co-worker on Telus has a G6 with WiFi calling ability and she does not have this issue. Granted I only did a couple tests but it appears to work fine. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Well this is awesome. Now my wifi calling is stuck on "Turning on..." since yesterday. No matter what I do it won't turn on or off. MMS over wifi obviously broken. Sigh.

I've Been Around

Hi! Has anything come of this? Mine just started having issues with sending and receiving MMS in the past month. I have tried everything except the wifi calling thing or a hard reset.
I'm Here A Lot

Still doesn't work I only get pictures if I turn my wifi off. Don't like the wifi calling. LG really dropped the ball this time
I Plan to Stick Around

I have tested this on numerous Rogers LG G6's. In all my testing, MMS *does not work* when connected to WiFi since the August security updates. The November security update has come out and did not fix it either. About 2 weeks after I took the November update, my WiFi calling got stuck in "Turning on" status, which is to say it was neither on or off - it was in limbo. I had to factory reset my phone to get it to work. So I thought to myself, maybe this will fix the MMS over WiFi issue....NOT.

Rogers needs to push LG to fix this issue. I really don't know why more aren't complaining - either they just don't know it's happening or don't know how to research it. I am convinced that anyone on Rogers with a G6 that has taken the August update will have this problem. 

This is the last LG I will ever buy. I'm done with their effortless customer support. I had a G4 prior and hoped that the G6 would prove to be different. As much as I have enjoyed the device, their lack of support and the fact that it took a year to get the Oreo update has done it for me.

TBH, this thread should never have been set to "solved". Even though it is up to LG to fix the issue, Rogers really needs to push LG to do something. Sure we have a workaround but that workaround is not ideal.

I Plan to Stick Around

@CSLonbottom wrote:
Still doesn't work I only get pictures if I turn my wifi off. Don't like the wifi calling. LG really dropped the ball this time

Same here...I hate the WiFi calling. I don't need it but have to leave it enabled. I find calls are horrible with it enabled and always end up turning it off if I have to make a call.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello. I just recently am not able to send or receive pictures via text while I am home and connected to Wifi. Once I leave my house, the picture sends most likely using my mobile data. My husband texts me pictures while in the house to test it and it goes through on his end and on mine it just says dowloading with the round circle rotating. I need this fixed ASAP please!!!!! I never did any system update or anything recently. I called Rogers and they said they sent a reset to my phone network which never ended up working.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Community!

Thank you so much for your continued dedication. We are currently working with LG to have the issue fully acknowledge and thus fixed in the next update.

In order to help in that process, we need to open Cases. Anyone affected by the issue, please reach out to us at @CommunityHelps so we can gather all the info required.

Thank you!

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

Message sent!