LG G6 August Security Update Breaks MMS over WiFi

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: LG G6 August Security Update Breaks MMS over WiFi

I am having the same issue. How do I enable wifi calling?
I Plan to Stick Around

Settings / Network & Internet / Call / WiFi Calling. Enable and enjoy uniterrupted MMS messaging 😀
I've Been Here Awhile

I am in Medicine Hat AB and I can no longer send MMS over wifi either. the most annoying thing. Is there a quick fix for now??

I Plan to Stick Around

See my reply right above your post for the quick fix 👍
I've Been Here Awhile

Doesn't recognize my address for the 911 calling info... I have no idea why Canada post nor places like Purolator don't recognize it Smiley Sad Just hope they come out with a new update to fix it soon
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry to hear that. The only solution I have found is to either disable wifi or enable wifi calling. For the people experiencing the issue, please report this to LG Canada on Facebook as more attention would be more likely to get a response.

Hopefully Rogers is OK with me posting the link: https://www.facebook.com/LGCanada/

I've Been Here Awhile

I seem to be having an issue sending pictures via text message. I've just tried with WiFi on and it didn't work.. then again with it off.. seemed to work. I've just asked my wife to send a picture and I'm unable to download it. 

I am using a LG G6 on 8.0 and have recently installed the latest updates. 

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to offer.

\

Josh

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having the same issue with my G6.. Intermittently wanting to send/receive.. Might be time for me to go to a different carrier.
I Plan to Stick Around

Josh, this is completely not a carrier issue. This is typical LG. They pushed out an update that is flawed with respect to WiFi calling and MMS. LG has to fix the blunder. The only way you'll get consistent functional MMS until LG fixes the issue is to leave WiFi calling enabled.

I Plan to Stick Around

New software update...looks like Nov security updates. Fingers crossed that they fixed the MMS over WiFi issue!

...will update soon

Coming on PPV!
Pacquaio vs. Broner Live
LIVE: Saturday January 19, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!
Live Weigh-In January 18th @ 6PM ET

Promotional content running all day on CH 368 DTV & 430 Ignite TV until January 19th @ 9PM

Topic Stats
  • 32 replies
  • 17 Likes
  • 10 in conversation