LG G6 August Security Update Breaks MMS over WiFi

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Betamax87
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: LG G6 August Security Update Breaks MMS over WiFi

Hi @jpduval,

Some Rogers Wireless users with an LG G6, G7, and or Stylo+ smartphone are unable to send outgoing MMS when WIFI is turned ON. The issue has been reported to LG for possible fix on the next software update.

As a workaround, users can either turn WIFI OFF or enable WIFI Calling for MMS to work.

jpduval
I Plan to Stick Around

That is good to know thanks! 

But if I look at LG track reccord regarding updates I will have change my phone before the fix arrives ahahah!

Thanks for the info!

Betamax87
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

You're very welcome @jpduval!

PKenzie
I've Been Around

Saw the post earlier about sending a PM to @CommunityHelps to build a case for LG to fix. Sent PM. I as well am now having this problem and am really unhappy about this. I hat the wifi calling function because it tends tonsillectomy send and double receive text messages. This whole problem is now a real pain, forcing me to use a messy service because LG and Rogers can't communicate their software requirements correctly.

JeffGerard
I Plan to Stick Around

So big surprise...security update came out today and guess what....still not fixed. This just reinforces my stance...never again LG. Ever.

CSLonbottom
I'm Here A Lot

My thoughts as well. Makes me wonder if maybe it isn't a Rogers problem as well. I wonder of people with other carriers are having the same issues?
JeffGerard
I Plan to Stick Around

@CSLonbottom wrote:
My thoughts as well. Makes me wonder if maybe it isn't a Rogers problem as well. I wonder of people with other carriers are having the same issues?

I am going to go out on a limb here and suggest that yes, it is. I just had a co-worker test with her G6 on Telus, connected to WiFi with WiFi calling turned off and she can send and receive.

Cabbage58
I've Been Here Awhile

Same issue for my wife and I. We cant send pics via mms when we are connected to any wifi. We are on Rogers network too. We always have to turn off wifi to send/receive mms pic and vids if our phones are connected to a wifi network.
JeffGerard
I Plan to Stick Around

Problem solved! Ok, not "solved" but solved for me 🙂 I got a Pixel 3 XL. No more LG for me!

Bondolus
I've Been Here Awhile

My MMS has started randomly working now...no updates, no wifi calling...not sure what happened but it started working 2 days ago. Will see if it continues I was also about to jump ship.