LG G6 August Security Update Breaks MMS over WiFi

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: LG G6 August Security Update Breaks MMS over WiFi

@CSLonbottom wrote:
When I click on that @comunity link I just get an "about" page???
No place for me to send message

You have to be logged into your account. When you click on @CommunityHelps, it takes you to their profile page. On the right you'll see a red bar with a link to "Send a private message".

I've Been Here Awhile

Same problem here on both LG G6 phones we bought Nov 2017. PM sent to @CommunityHelps

Hope this gets resolved soon as the workarounds are not great. It's just a matter of time before my son turns off wifi to send a pic, then forgets to turn it back on, and goes over our shared data limit. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same issue with my LG G7 Thinq, and I was using a Motorola G5 before and same issue. So changing phones does not resolve the MMS not sending or receiving issue... I have to reboot my phone everytime I send or receive a picture. It's painful.

I've Been Here Awhile

Assuming both phones were on Rogers, that is very interesting. They are blaming the problem on LG but you experienced the same on a Motorola. Did your issue happen when you were usually in the same place? Possibly in a weak signal area?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That is definitely interesting. When did the Motorola start experiencing the issue? The LG problem is definitely an LG issue. MMS worked fine on WiFi until the August security update. I have personally seen this on at least 4 different devices. I also know people on BellMTS with the G6 that do not have the problem, however, BellMTS does not support WiFi calling on this device so, to me, it's definitely related to WiFi calling and something LG borked on the update. Let's not forget how famous LG is for borking updates...look at the G4 boot loop fiasco.

I've Been Around

My G6 has been doing the same since August. I just finally went looking for a solution and ended up here. This problem is SO annoying!
I've Been Here Awhile

I am having the same issue with mine, its so annoying. Only way i’ve gotten around it is disabling Wi-Fi. Hoping LG gets a resolution quick. Aside from this issue, i’ve noticed my LG G6 has also started corrupting random pictures i’ve previously taken. They are either unreadable or blurred with random colors. Phone also sometimes doesn’t ring and i miss calls, checking call logs show missed calls and zero notifciations. So annoying as well, i’ve loved my previous LG phones but i think its time to jump ship.

I've Been Here Awhile

@BondolusInteresting, same here with the missed calls. When I'm at home is usually when it happens, yet I am typically getting anywhere from 2 - 4 bars of signal from anywhere in my home. I wonder if the issues are somehow connected... I don't think those problems are to blame on LG. I have already noticed the broken mms over wifi issue has been reported for other phone models, if you search this and other forums, and I am starting to wonder if it's not at least partially a Rogers problem. I wish I could test in another model. I've never had that texting problem with previous phones on other carriers, I've used Bell and Telus with previous phones out of the same home location. I HAVE however had missed calls, go straight to voice mail, on both my HTC One with Telus and my Sony Z3 Compact with Bell, so pretty to sure that's due to a weak signal area, not to be blamed on the G6.

By the way, Rogers, if you read these comments, your site sign in process with the over the top captcha on every login is ridiculous! It's easier to sign into my CRA or bank account for the love of pete.

I've Been Around

My wife and I both have G6's and are experiencing this problem. When I enable WiFi calling I once again receive MMS messages when on WiFi but I then drop call constantly. So it seems I can either receive phone calls or MMS messages, but not both, which is not ideal. I hope there is a fix for this soon.

I Plan to Stick Around

Unable to send Image/video SMS when on a wifi network

Hi,

I have an LG G6 and I have a weird problem. When I try to send an image or video via SMS it does not work when I am connected to a Wi-Fi network even if my DATA CONNECTION is ON.

When I try to send an image it hangs (wifi connected)....... and if I turn off the Wi-Fi the image is sent almost instantly...

This was not the case before, it started a few weeks ago, no wifi changes, no data plan changes.... And I'm using Android message as my primary SMS app.

Anybody have this problem?

Thanks.