LG G5 Software Update - Last Week

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: LG G5 Software Update - Last Week

I bought the LG G5 on Tuesday. Tuesday night I got the push for the update. Yes, the problem is the LTE network. I spent 2 hrs with tech support on Wednesday. On Thursday I went back to the store and the guys all had LTE signal, but I did not. They did 1) a factory reset 2) switched the SIM. The only way I get calls and texts is being on GSM only, which really isn't acceptable for a new phone, but it's the only solution that I've got at the moment. The phone works when on GSM, but when the network mode is switched to Auto then it doesn't work at all.

I'm also still waiting for a solution. When is the android update going to push the fix? Everything that TS and the store have told me is that it is a widespread problem.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, just a note on how we solved our problem - we had similar issue   - see my earlier post in this thread.

Both of my LG G5s were finally sent by FIDO for repairs, both mainboards were replaced (IMEIs changed) and the phones work ok now. So, I don't think its software's fault, its the low quality of LG devices we are dealing with. (one of my phones already completely died earlier and was replaced under warranty. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Cruising

It seems to be a internal issue with the device rather the software. LG has lost its momentum and loyalty to its user base. Ever since the late G series came out, the devices have been having major issues.

Contact Rogers and have them send out the device for repair. They should be able to change the main board and what ever needs to be changed
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Cruising see if you can return the device or exchange for another make/model of phone. After reading what @Meowmix posted, this is a widespread issue. Also you just bought the phone less than a week ago, you shouldn't have to send a brand new phone in for repairs. Get a refund, or if they wont, then at least an exchange for a brand new working phone!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gp-se

That is correct but there are rules to do this. You must be within the 15 day period or have not gone more then 30 minutes of talk time to exchange for another device. If u are going for the same device. Then u have 15 days to do so.

@Cruising take the device back to the original store u got it from ans have them exchange it for another one. Mind you you most likely will have the same issue at this point as most of the devices they get, are all from the same batches. So u can do that or exchange for another device as u are within the 15 day return period BUT if u passed the 30 minute rule then unfortunately u can not. Rules for return or remorse is 30 minutes of talk time or within the 15 days return period.
I've Been Around

So my LG g5 has been doing some weird things since up date...
1.battery life is gone full charge gone in
1hour(replaced battery and no change)
2.phone is hotter in temperature
3.the speed of it has decreased
Anyone else experienced this too

Hi & welcome to the Community @Hwankmon,

Have you tried a factory reset since the update to see if it improves the device's quality? How long have you had the phone for? Have you had a chance to try any troubleshooting steps since these issues started? 

Any other LG G5 users in the Community experiencing anything similar?

RogersZia