cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G5 Software Update - Last Week

bubbbab
I plan to stick around

Last week I had a pushed (300MB) update to my LG G5 to Version H83110h

Starting from minutes after that update. I've been getting intermittent "network unavailable" when not on WiFi and I mean, 20 times per day. Again this began minutes after the update.

Of course, Rogers Technical Support provides "cut and paste" suggesionsd like rebooting the phone, trying a new sim card etc..  Aside form all of that... -whatever it is- , has anyone else had this issue seemingly resulting from the update?

Steve.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: LG G5 Software Update - Last Week

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @gp-se

That is correct but there are rules to do this. You must be within the 15 day period or have not gone more then 30 minutes of talk time to exchange for another device. If u are going for the same device. Then u have 15 days to do so.

@Cruising take the device back to the original store u got it from ans have them exchange it for another one. Mind you you most likely will have the same issue at this point as most of the devices they get, are all from the same batches. So u can do that or exchange for another device as u are within the 15 day return period BUT if u passed the 30 minute rule then unfortunately u can not. Rules for return or remorse is 30 minutes of talk time or within the 15 days return period.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @bubbbab

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums!

Have you tried a back up and restore of your device? Has anything on your network setting been changed with the update?

@Meowmix any insight?

RogersPrasana

bubbbab
I plan to stick around
Hi Prasana, and thanks for the response.

I have not tried a factory reset with my thought process being, it's clear the update is the issue, and a factory reset would reload everything to the latest version as I have it now. If you think that's not the case then I'm game to try it. Not sure the process as this is a new device for all of us.

I'm afraid I can't answer the network question as I assume that network selection and network operators were on automotic choose, out of the box. If I know what Network Mode, APN, and Network Operator should be I could certainly set those. There are several "Rogers" selections under operators.

Thanks again,
Steve...

bubbbab
I plan to stick around

FYI, my son;s LG G5 also auto updated that version today and now he is losing his signal all over the place. It appears to occur when there's a switch from LTE to something else. Signal bars are shown but there is no usable network.

AGAIN, this is only since the update and now on two phones exactly the same circumstances.  My wife caught hers in time and removed automatic update.  This is a mess.

Good evening @bubbbab,

I have just received the update on my LG G5 today and, so far, have not had any issues with the phone.

As soon as it is installed, you would get a message asking whether you wish to activate and set up Wi-Fi Calling or not. Is it something that your son may have done?

If it is the case, you might want to look into the Settings.

What could be happening is that he clicked "Yes" and therefore the device uses Wi-Fi Calling when the network allows it.

Please keep the Community posted on your findings, pertaining to that feature, before you try the factory reset option.

RogersMaude

bubbbab
I plan to stick around
Thanks for the reply. Neither of us are using WiFi Calling, but thanks for the idea.

There is something directly related to this update. I'm sure this will become a more prominent issue, in time.

We've tried automatic and manual network selection but it hasn't helped. It's a little scary because the phone doesn't notify us when it's lost a connection. Not good for a small business person.

One thing for certain, one way or another it's not going to continue.

Steve...

sardanapal
I've been here awhile

Same story with my LG G5 on FIDO.

After update the phone at tmes looses network and people calling me go directly to voicemail.

Sending text messages loops on "sending"

Turning on/off airoplan mode does not help - only full restart fixes it.

I have the phone since June - it never hapened before the update.

Good evening @sardanapal,

Thank you for your post!

Were you able to obtain assistance from Fido in regards to this?!

We sometimes recommend a factory reset after a major update if any issues persist.

For future references, check out Fido Community ForumsSmiley Wink

Just following up @bubbbab -

In regards to the network connection problems you were experiencing, did it get better?

If you need help to resolve this matter, it would be our pleasure. However, we'll need access to your account.  

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps, if the need may be. 

For more info on our Private Message(PM) system, take a look at this page.

RogersMaude

sardanapal
I've been here awhile

Hello, yes I went to FIDO and they reset my phone, network settings on the server and replaced SIM card.  Nothing changed. I have two LG G5s and after update I experience constantly dropping calls on both. When calls drop I notice that network goes down

@RogersMaude wrote:

Good evening @sardanapal,

Thank you for your post!

Were you able to obtain assistance from Fido in regards to this?!

We sometimes recommend a factory reset after a major update if any issues persist.

For future references, check out Fido Community ForumsSmiley Wink

Just following up @bubbbab -

In regards to the network connection problems you were experiencing, did it get better?

If you need help to resolve this matter, it would be our pleasure. However, we'll need access to your account.  

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps, if the need may be. 

For more info on our Private Message(PM) system, take a look at this page.

RogersMaude

to zero bars. 

Hi @sardanapal,

Since this is an issue on the FIDO network, I would recommend that you reach out to Fido Community Forums for further assistance in this matter.

RogersCorey

I bought the LG G5 on Tuesday. Tuesday night I got the push for the update. Yes, the problem is the LTE network. I spent 2 hrs with tech support on Wednesday. On Thursday I went back to the store and the guys all had LTE signal, but I did not. They did 1) a factory reset 2) switched the SIM. The only way I get calls and texts is being on GSM only, which really isn't acceptable for a new phone, but it's the only solution that I've got at the moment. The phone works when on GSM, but when the network mode is switched to Auto then it doesn't work at all.

I'm also still waiting for a solution. When is the android update going to push the fix? Everything that TS and the store have told me is that it is a widespread problem.

sardanapal
I've been here awhile

Hi, just a note on how we solved our problem - we had similar issue   - see my earlier post in this thread.

Both of my LG G5s were finally sent by FIDO for repairs, both mainboards were replaced (IMEIs changed) and the phones work ok now. So, I don't think its software's fault, its the low quality of LG devices we are dealing with. (one of my phones already completely died earlier and was replaced under warranty. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Cruising

It seems to be a internal issue with the device rather the software. LG has lost its momentum and loyalty to its user base. Ever since the late G series came out, the devices have been having major issues.

Contact Rogers and have them send out the device for repair. They should be able to change the main board and what ever needs to be changed

@Cruising see if you can return the device or exchange for another make/model of phone. After reading what @Meowmix posted, this is a widespread issue. Also you just bought the phone less than a week ago, you shouldn't have to send a brand new phone in for repairs. Get a refund, or if they wont, then at least an exchange for a brand new working phone!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @gp-se

That is correct but there are rules to do this. You must be within the 15 day period or have not gone more then 30 minutes of talk time to exchange for another device. If u are going for the same device. Then u have 15 days to do so.

@Cruising take the device back to the original store u got it from ans have them exchange it for another one. Mind you you most likely will have the same issue at this point as most of the devices they get, are all from the same batches. So u can do that or exchange for another device as u are within the 15 day return period BUT if u passed the 30 minute rule then unfortunately u can not. Rules for return or remorse is 30 minutes of talk time or within the 15 days return period.

Hwankmon
I've been around
So my LG g5 has been doing some weird things since up date...
1.battery life is gone full charge gone in
1hour(replaced battery and no change)
2.phone is hotter in temperature
3.the speed of it has decreased
Anyone else experienced this too

Hi & welcome to the Community @Hwankmon,

Have you tried a factory reset since the update to see if it improves the device's quality? How long have you had the phone for? Have you had a chance to try any troubleshooting steps since these issues started? 

Any other LG G5 users in the Community experiencing anything similar?

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 in conversation