LG G4 - Wifi Calling

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicksvt40
I'm Here A Lot

Re: LG G4 - Wifi Calling

Yes all apn's are correct I have flashed it with the LGUP tool with a kdz file i found on xda developers site and is now at software version H81220x from Rogers. This was supposed to be the newest update but I still do not see any new Emoji's and is still at 6.0 not 6.0.1

chetu730
I've Been Here Awhile

To my knowledge, 6.0.1 isn't available for the LG G4. The information posted on the OS Update page wasn't correct. It is actually for 6.0. I'm hoping 6.0.1 isn't too far off though.

@RogersDarrell mentioned below that it was posted as 6.0.1 in error (just providing reference) :

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Android/thread-id/34301/page/4

nicksvt40
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the info. I also hope 6.0.1 is coming soon lol

nicksvt40
I'm Here A Lot

What about wifi calling for a non-rogers device. Is there a way to make it work? When I turn it on and go to register it says unfortunately you're device is not admissible to Rogers wifi calling.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nicksvt40

Sorry for the late response! Sadly no. In order to get WiFi calling working on Rogers, you must get a Rogers branded device to work. Sadly unlocked devices will not work.

nicksvt40
I'm Here A Lot

I also noticed that video calling is not working on my phone. I am considering going to Bell since it's a Bell device. This might save me a lot of trouble. I never had any problems with my old iPhone 4S on Rogers and it was an unlocked device also,every feature was working on that one. I just don't get why this one's features are almost all blocked. I kind of regret getting an Android i should of stuck with iPhone lol

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nicksvt40

IPhone is controlled by Apple that's why. Android isn't. It does suck that you can't use some of the main features on the device if the device is unlocked but it seems to be a new thing with all the carriers.

Mitchellbas
I've Been Around

I was on with tech support.

My original issue was that i had rogers one number so we removed it.

Ok now im aboe to enable wifi calling. I click the button, register, get the activation code, activate, put in my 911 info, confirm it and recieve the text telling me i can now use wifi calling.

I try using wifi calling in an area i have no cellular reception but do have a strong wifi connection. And it states i am out of the service area and mobile network is unavailable. I am unable to make any calls.

It also takes forever for the feature to enable in the settings.

There is also no new wifi calling icon on my upper status bar.

Any help people??

alexvtr
I Plan to Stick Around

We have 4 LG G4 in the office. When the update with Wifi calling came in, 3 out of 4 phones couldn't complete the set-up process properly and required a call to tech support (IIRC, it stopped before the screen where you enter your home address for 911 purposes). Within 5 minutes, the agent sorted it out. He didn't seem surprised. 

On the fourth G4, enabling Wifi calling worked just like in the sticky post (How-to...). Go figure. All 4 bought at the same time, all 4 on the same corporate account.

And yes, you should see a new icon on the top left corner of the screen (a phone with wifi bars next to it) if it's working as it should. On some phones, after the agent changed things on his side, a reboot was required for the feature to work.

cptdigits
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

I have a rogers locked lg G4 but the wifi calling does not work, it stays stuck on "enabling" forever. I have had lots of contact with your support department, and they suspect there is something wrong with the APN settings (they were blank for some reason).

To get them back, they told me to do a factory reset. Now before I do that, I would rather just input the APN information manually to check if that would fix the problem.

Can somebody tell me all the APNs that need to be active in order for wifi calling to work? Support told me to add one for the LTE / MMS and one for the tethering. Which other ones do I need for call over wifi support?

Thank you