LG G4 Software Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

LG G4 Software Update

Hellooooooooo;

I am just wondering if Rogers has an update for the G4 in the works. The G4 is amazing, but it does have touchscreen response issues (well known, it's all over the web). I see the USA carriers are currently starting to  push an update from LG that addresses that and other issues. Is Rogers going to be following suit? I know we usually get updates shortly after they hit the US carriers.

Cheers!

****Edit Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: LG G4 Software Update

Hello @GibMcFragger

I read the same thing as well and had a customer return theirs back last night at work due to that issue with Telus. At this moment there is no information on when the update will be released. I am pretty sure it will be released but there is no information. Hopefully it gets released soon!

FYI Installing the "SGS Touchscreen Booster" app makes the issue 99% better, that's how I know it's software, not hardware causing it.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @GibMcFragger

Yeah that's true. It was announced once the device was released many has this issue.
Rogers Employee RCee
Rogers Employee

Hi GibMcFragger,

At this time there is no word on an update for the G4.    If you're having issues with your device, please contact technical support for further assistance.

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/contactus-technical-support

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RCee

Tech support can't fix the above issue that @GibMcFragger is having and many others. This is a problem with the software which needs to be released. Only a update can fix this issue. Thanks for the help though!

Hi. Thank for the reply. Tech support would be a waste of time in this instance, as the touchscreen issue is widespread and well known. It's software, and the European H815 has already received an update to address it. The USA carriers are currently rolling out updates also. I assume it will hit the Canadian carriers eventually. We always get updates last.

Info on the issue can be found here:

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-g4-touchscreen-issues-616662/

and here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/help/touchscreen-issues-t3126504

Cheers;

Cory

I Plan to Stick Around

I do have LG G4 myself, about ten days old. I found that was not great with touchscreen but nice phone. I have check with Rogers's update have not through it yet. I don't need to waiting for next update. Pretty waste time for me to impatient with difficult touchscreen. You know Rogers always the last to updated. I do like phone but sent it back, and change to Samsung.

Sometime it s not great for Rogers to update is very slow and behind. I noticed.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sylvainkruff

Its not only that but we have different systems then the rest. Rogers isn't the only Canadian carrier holding back updates. So we can't really blame just them. It seems something else is doing it. Do remember they do take time to test updates, release them, send them back if needed and such.
I've Been Around

Does anyone know when anmupdate for the Lg g4 touchscreen issue is coming.  Spoke to Lg a few weeks ago and they had said one was rolling out fpr Canada but nothing yet.  Great phone but unusable, feels like a wast of money.  Anyone know when this will be fixed.