LG G4 Marshmallow Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: LG G4 Marshmallow Update

Does anyone know how the wifi texting is supposed to work. I've tried it with the data off and it never works. Also, is the phone supposed to display that it is in wifi calling mode?
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Still 6.0 after the upgrade today (2016 July 25)

I was really hoping it was going to be upgraded to 6.0.1 - is this still planned or not?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I got the update and it wiped my APN settings and I've gotten them off the forums, but they still aren't working. Any help would be great. Oh and the update wiped some of my apps tok
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I just updated my G4 with the update that enables WiFi calling. After the update, no LTE (or any mobile data for that matter). After my last upgrade to marshmallow I went to the apn settings and reset to default, which solved this issue. This time around, there are "no apns". I've tried manually entering the information, but so far no luck. Is this supposed to be pushed? Thanks!

Highlighted
I've Been Around

LG G4 WiFi Calling Problems

So I upgraded the OS last week to receive the update to allow for WiFi Calling since my phone has very poor service in my basement office in Aurora ON.

I've followed the instructions no this page: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Android/thread-id/38634

Once I received and entered the verification code I now only receive the message "Unfortunately your device isn't eligible for Rogers WiFi Calling. ..."

Any ideas as to why I wouldn't be eligible?  Is there something else that needs to be added to my plan?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I had the same message. All you have to do is call them and they will add it manually.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@brian_k_arnold

I suggest taking a look at the Rogers Wi-Fi Calling FAQs detailed in the opening of the LG Android WiFi Calling How To doc.

You'll find a list of eligibility's that will help narrow down the problem.

RogersDarrell