LG G4 Marshmallow Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: LG G4 Marshmallow Update

Anyone having problems with the quick remote widgets?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @froggyli

Nope mine seems to be working fine. I know our demo unit at work after the update had issues with it but mine doesn't. Hmm
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Wifi Calling update soon?

Up until yesterday, the LG G4 (along with a bunch of Galaxy devices) were marked in the OS Upgrade page as scheduled to receive an update including Wifi calling feature.

Now, the OS Upgrade page has been edited and all mentions of Wifi Calling are gone. What's up with this?

I was absolutely thrilled to finally get this feature. I live in a building with super thick walls and only get signal near the windows...

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Hope we still get the WiFi calling despite the edit. The other thing that changed is the date. It said June 22 and now it says "coming soon" again .

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yup... the pull-down notification bar "widget" (not sure what to call it) for the LG Remote Control, does not work properly in Marshmallow.

You need to run the actual remote control app.
Minor inconvenience, but annoying nonetheless.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Chalk me up as another person who would really love an update featuring WiFi Calling for the Rogers LG G4.

It's disheartening seeing all the ads for the LG G5 plastered all over the Toronto Subway, when the phone i'm using (G4) is stuck on a 6-month-old version of Android (Jan 1 2016 security patch version of Marshmallow)

I'm assuming that when we DO get an update with WiFi Calling, we'd also get the Security Patch level automatically updated (which is more important IMHO) as well as MAYBE get some improvements in Marshmallow battery life, which is worse than Lollipop on this particular phone model.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mousetamer

Most likely was pushed back due to some issues they may have had. Thus why it got changed but i am pretty sure WiFi calling is coming. ( dont mark my words, i just heard that from a source within.)
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Does anyone know when the next update for the LG G4 will be released?

Since Bell has now deployed the June 1st 2016 security patch update to their G4's, I feel like Rogers is now the only major North American carrier without it!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

The OS Upgrade Page gives the date as July 21. That may change again since it was originally supposed to be June 16. If it does stay as indicated, there is a very good chance you will be able to do the update via LG Bridge on your PC a few days before. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jay_AndroidFan

From what i have seen on the OS Upgrade Schedule thread and also from what i have heard from the LG rep is due to come out on the 21st of July. Now this doesn't mean it won't be changed. Dates are due to change for many reasons.