LG G3 release date?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: LG G3 release date?

Hello tveith

Np!. Yeah sometimes they do that but LG and Motorola are known not to give out headphones anymore
I'm Here A Lot

No, did not get headphones. Honestly I have never used a pair of headphones that came with a phone. They never feel comfortable to me and I have good earbuds already. Not disapointed at all. Was pleasantly surprised the phone was $599 instead of $650 or $700 as being Canadian I'm so used to paying more than our American friends. If taking the headphones out of the box made it that much cheaper for them then fine by me.

It's all relative

I Plan to Stick Around

Boy you people who say that the korean models wont work properly on rogerd really need to educate yourselves.

At least i got a nice lol from reading those posts so thank you for that.

The only downside from ordering overseas would be if there were issues with the device itself, a little hard to take it back 🙂

I would have bought a rogers version yesterday but as mentioned no white model...anywhere with any carrier.

Total joke.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DynoNobel

But still many use the headphones that come with the device. I use my S5 headphones. Everyone is different but agreed that it shouldn't be a huge for issue. I guess many complained? Who knows but it's nice to see the price of the device $600 + tax!
I Plan to Stick Around

Congrats to everyone who has scooped up a G3 so far.

I think I'll be looking to upgrade my N4 soon to this as my contract expires next month.

I've also been interested in the OnePlus One but it appears the 64GB model (if you DO get an invite) after taxes and shipping (via DHL) to Canada seems to work out to around $475. Ugh. sucks.

Nonetheless, has anyone looked at carrier unlocking their device yet, and if so how much? Will Rogers do it?

When I travel to the states I use a 3rd party SIM card. It's one reason why I like unlocked phones.

I'm Here A Lot

From what I understand, Rogers will unlock the phone for a fee, but not within 90 days of purchase.

Meowmix could probably confirm that and may even know how much they will charge

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DynoNobel and clockwork58 

You can  go into a Rogers store and unlock it for a fee of $50 after 90 days are done. This works only if u upgrade the device with Rogers and the IMEI number is on ur account for 90 days.. If you buy the device outright, you can unlock it immediately for $50 as well.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thx Meowmix. 

Prob get that unlock done 3rd party for cheaper and faster. lol

As I said, my old 3yr contract expires in a month. Suprised Rogers hasn't started calling me yet to renew. LOL

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello clockwork58

Lol that is true but if you need to repair it via Rogers, they may not be able to fix it and say it's due to the unlocking via third party.. Heard of this a couple of times. It is cheaper and easier tho lol.

Lol they will start calling u within the next couple of weeks. They will notice that u are on a month to month and contact u to give u a cheaper price to stay or something in those terms.

I Plan to Stick Around

ya that's true meomix.

i saw the G3 working display model at the mall today

I'm already ready to pull the trigger on a Nillkin case and a Tempered Glass screen protector for it on ebay so that I have when I eventually buy the phone. LOL