LG G3 release date?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

LG G3 release date?

I was just wondering if anybody has heard of a release date for the G3. I hear that it's coming to Rogers, I just wanted to know when, since my contract is over this month and I'm really liking this phone over the S5 and M8

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: LG G3 release date?

Hello REPTARxREX

Unfortunately you won't get the answers here unless Rogers announces it or it gets leaked out. I am hoping within the next couple of weeks but who knows right?. Hopefully we hear about the date soon! I am looking forward to this device and wanting to get one my self
I've Been Around

Hi, I am also very interested in the LG G3. Right now i am with that other cell phone company that starts with a "T". Had a great experience with the store in south center (Calgary) and am planning to switch as soon as the G3 lands.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello RC403

Unfortunately at this time as i said above there is no information when it will be released. It may be announced with Rogers in few days to a few weeks. No one knows yet.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello everyone!.

LG has stated that the LG G3 will land on Canadian soil August 1st. This date is also for Rogers and the rest of the carriers. Rogers should put it up on the Rogers Reservation System sometime this week or within the next 2 weeks.

I will keep u posted with more information!

EDIT -  Canadians will be getting the 32GB model with 3GB ram and the 801 snap dragon processor with 2.5Ghz.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Any word on Colour selection?

I really hope with this LATE release all 3 major colours will be available AT LEAST...

Black White Gold..

i am waiting for the GOLD i hope it doesn't take 2 months after to release like theHTC M8 did... if so i will be SURELY disappointed.. 

by that time I could get the Note 4

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jeneric28

No color option has been announced or said. It could be the usual Black and White models then the colours as they always do.

It all depends on what the deal with between the carriers and LG.

We will find out once Rogers announces it.
I Plan to Stick Around

that would be horrible..

i don't like the Black or White i like the Gold... if they release the gold months after i will just wait for the Note 4...

kind of a not so smart move on LG's part..

waiting that long to release a variety of colours will put them in direct competition with the Note 4 and the iphone 6 and maybe even a Nexus 6... 

new device with faster processor (snapdragon 805) better screen, better camera is much more appealing then a 2 month old device in a variety of colours with a slower processor ..

i would really like to see the sales of the M8 in Gold sincei t's launch.. see if anyone actually bought it... but then again HTC didn't have ANY competition between their release and the GOLD release ... only the S5 which launched around the same time..

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jeneric28

HTC & Rogers wont release those numbers as they are only within the company unless they both decide to do so.

I do hope they release more colors so this will get more sells but its up to the carriers & LG on what agreements they have made for the release.
I Plan to Stick Around

yah totally understandable...  In the US they are making the GOLD exclusive to Sprint... 

with the lower markget here for LG i wouldn't be surprised if they don't release any other colours...

but who knows ... i will hope for the best..

Aug 1st can't come soon enough... or maybe we find out sooner if they will let us pre order within the next week or so..