LG G3 Marshmallow

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: LG G3 Marshmallow

Hello @drewlsvern

Some don't need a OTA. Even some iPhone update have to be done by iTunes I noticed. So it does happen
I'm Here A Lot

I just figured as this is a pretty significant update, it would seem odd that they would force users to manually update. The non-techy users most likely wouldn't even know about the update and from a security standpoint that's bad practice.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Thanks guys.  I installed PC suite on another computer and was able to upgrade to 6.0

Thanks

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

i got the notification for the upgrade at 2:29 pm EST today ---  applying now.... 

I've Been Here Awhile

I had the update for 6.0 OTA this morning. I was at work so I couldn't do it. Went to go back to it and now it's gone. Why?
I'm Here A Lot

Most likely because it's not officially released yet. Supposedly it's been released to select groups of people (not really sure what that means). According to Rogers software update schedule, it's still listed as coming soon. If you want to install now you'll have to download the PC Suite software referenced above using your computer.

I'm Here A Lot

Hey Meowmix... Not sure your tech sources but I did a good back ground route through corprate head office at the same info was given with lits of appologies. LG PC SUITE is an option for some.

Support is an ellusive adventure at best lol. Good luck all
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SARTECH

Spoke to 2 managers at head office of LG Canada, LG rep and also a manager at Rogers head office. That's how I get some of my information.... They told me yesterday the update was released to eveyone but the system pulled the update for many off. So they are starting to release the update slowly in many places. I'm close to both managers at LG Canada ( due to my work and personal contacts).

Either way it's out for customers and users to enjoy. Yes that is correct PC Suite is a option which seems many are able to get.

If some haven't gotten it then it will show up within the next couple of days. Check LG Suite as well.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Tymon22

A customer of mine had the same issue m rebooted the device and the update came back. We checked LG suite and was there was well.
I'm Here A Lot

LOL seems we are getting diffrent answers at same level. Have great day and yes its out there for all to enjoy... Cheers