LG G3 Marshmallow

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: LG G3 Marshmallow

Seems like Telus is pulling out the Marshmallow update that was due tomorrow (march 16th). Is Rogers doing the same thing and leaving the "coming soon" longer than expected?

I know there’s is no feedback from Rogers and that the OS upgrade page is subject to change.... But still it should be something else than "Coming soon" like "in preparation" then "coming soon" then the date... Coming soon is really use loosely. It change to coming soon January 13 2016… 3 months later still coming soon…really??

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jpduval

At this moment there is no information. I am pretty sure they are doing the same as Telus. I have heard some stuff that the update is not stable enough and has issues thus they haven't been released yet but again who knows.

Until then nothing is on concrete and no information is given.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Its been a long while US has rolled out Marshmallow. Been with rogers for ever how about some concideration here please. We all pay dearly for our product all were asking for is the latest OS
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SARTECH

Unfortunately it's not only Rogers here. Telus pulled out as well and now is not giving a date either. So something for is happening and aren't allowed to post a date until further notice. So u won't get any answers ur looking for. Explained that above as well.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Seriously... Android N will be out before the LG G3 will get marshmallow. What's the point if they are so far behind.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @longmitso

It all depends on the issues they are facing. Again no one knows what's going on. There is alot going on that's for sure
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Mobilesyrup had a quoted date of March 31st last time I checked.

Although there have been known working marshmallow ROMs for the G3 (including the D852) for months now, Rogers needs to add all their own apps to it before they'll let us have it (read: bloatware).

I'm hoping to see the update on the 31st.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Well that would be nice but the lack of communication speaks volumes. Concidering what i said previously we get held sorta by ransome. Pay ... Pay. ... Communication from Rogers would go long ways
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

LG G3 on Rogers just got my Marshmallow upgrade this morning

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

As for this morning Rogers had released the Marshmallow update for the LG G3. If you have not gotten the update, go into Settings - About Device - Updates. It should be there

View solution in original post