KitKat Upgrade

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

KitKat Upgrade

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2, I know it's old but I like it, and Kies will not let me upgrade to KitKat.  I get a message that says if I have used Kies to upgrade to JellyBean Baseband MA7 I need to cancel the upgrade to KitKat.

Any suggestions on how I can upgrade?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: KitKat Upgrade

Hello christirmt

Sadly Samsung will NOT be releasing the Kit Kat update to the S2. So the update u want, u would get it sadly. Are you sure that is what the message said? The S2 is pretty old and even Samsung confirmed the S2 will not be getting 4.4 Kit Kat update.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for your help.  Yes, the message was quite clear, if I had already updated via Kies to Jellybean MA7 I would have to cancel the update.  I guess I will just have to look at a new phone if this one is getting obsolete.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello christirmt

Samsung will never ever release the Kit-Kat 4.4 update for the S2. The phone will not be getting that update. Sadly you must of got another update thinking its the 4.4 one but its not.

Either way yes it the phone isn't working properly & has issues, i would suggest replacing it.!
I Plan to Stick Around

If i understand correctly from different articles in various places, the device cutoff age for KitKat is 18 months....anything older will not receive the update
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello tobesedated2

Exactly that is correct.

Samsung devices will be S3, S4, Note 2, Note 3, Galaxy 4 Mini.

HTC devices will be HTC One, HTC One Max, HTC One mini

Anything older then those will not get 4.4 Kit Kat officially from the carriers or the manufactorers. You can root the device & add a custom rom which will have the update BUT this is a risk you take if anything happens to the device.

I want to say to everyone this is the Canadian one. What the international models get, we wont.

I'm Here A Lot

Any news from Rogers about the Kit Kat 4.4 upgrade to Sony Xperia SP phone?

The 4.4 upgrade was supposed to have been released in Dec. 2013.

I'm very interested in this upgrade

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Hizzoner

That was for unlocked devices, not for carrier branded ones. No info yet sadly.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the info. I was unable to get any info. from Rogers at all.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello RGC1940

You are welcome. Sadly Rogers reps do not get told anything so they have no way of giving any information out. This is due that head office isn't giving out any information.