Kit Kat 4.4.4 Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Kit Kat 4.4.4 Update

Hello Gisabun 

You can wait and see if u like it will come for u. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Well I would be doing some patient waiting for 4.4.3 on the Note 3.

I could not get the upgrade via OTA and tried Kies. No luck.

Called Rogers techs a few times and got some ridiculous answers like - did you drop your phone into water or on the floor?

Another one just honestly admitted he had no answer but believed that there was no 4.4.3 for the Note 3.

I checked with Samsung and they told me that there was not 4.4.3 for the Note 3 yet.

Called Rogers teck again and a lady got serious about it and looked into it and had Rogers check with Samsung to find that there is NO 4.4.3 yet and now the upgrade page properly reflects that, finally!!

Bottom line is that the first tech could have simply solved this problem and ended a lot of checking by customers but he was just lazy. I guess these things happenSmiley Happy

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Enforcement

4.4.3 isn't coming for a while.. The S5 doesn't even have it, only the new devices that just came our or coming out in weeks have it.

Unfortunately the mods made a mistake on here posting that and confusing many on it.
I Plan to Stick Around

It is up to the individual carriers to approve the updates.  For example, Sprint (in US) has released 4.4.4 for Note 3; it's up to Rogers to announce when theirs will get 4.4.4.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rgl168

That is true but it also depends on when the manufacturer sends the update to the carrier for testing & if the carrier has a issue with the update, they need to send it back to the manufacture then they check it & goes back to Rogers lets say. Then once its all done, it depends as u said when the carrier will release it. Many do not know that this happens but HTC & Samsung last year did say it goes like this.
I've Been Here Awhile

Saw that Sony has begun rolling out 4.4.4 firmware for the Xperia ZL. Is there an ETA.

The current 4.4.2 firmware has a bug that causes Google play services to keep the phone awake and drain the battery after a failed GPS lock.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello wjptam

You should have gotten it or be getting it as its been available for a week or so now.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just wondering has anybody gotten the 4.4.4 or 4.4.3 for the Note 3 yet?

I tried checking with kies and still no update available.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dachow

You won't get 4.4.3 or 4.4.4 on the Note 3 anytime soon.. The Note 4 will have it & the Note 3 will get it sometime next year from Rogers. 4.4.3 will be first unless Rogers & Samsung Canada release 4.4.4 instead.
I've Been Here Awhile

What about for pay as you go users of Rogers?  I am using the Galaxy S4 so is android 4.4.4 released for it yet?  Thanks.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats