cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Setup

Shornet
I've been around

My son has never set up his voice mailbox. Everything we have tried isnt working! I am getting frustrated!

***Added Labels***

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Voicemail Setup

RogersMaude

Hey @Shornet,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! We appreciate your contribution.

Sorry to hear you're frustrated with your son's line voicemail activation. We certainly want to help you resolve this!

How do I set up voicemail for my wireless device?

Follow these steps to set up wireless voicemail for the first time:

1. To access your voicemail, hold down the number 1 on your keypad.
  2. When prompted, enter the 4-digit password that was provided to you in a text message when you initially activated your device or added voicemail to your plan (the default is the last 4 digits of your phone number).
  3. Follow the prompts to set up a new password and personalize your greeting (or you can use the default message).

To check your voicemail from another phone, dial your wireless number. When your recorded message plays, press # and then enter your password to hear your messages.

If this is not working for you, please specify whether you get an error message, and the details of the steps you've attempted so far. For additional info, feel free to check out our Community Knowledge Base article related to setting up voicemail on your Android phone by Clicking Here.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I tried to set up my voicemail and when I held 1 it asked me to enter a number. I entered a number thinking it was supposed to be my password, and now whenever I hold down 1 to go to voicemail it just hangs up. Not really sure what happened or how to fix it.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Edgecutt wrote:

I tried to set up my voicemail and when I held 1 it asked me to enter a number. I entered a number thinking it was supposed to be my password, and now whenever I hold down 1 to go to voicemail it just hangs up. Not really sure what happened or how to fix it.

Hi Edgecutt,

what happened was when you Held the voicemail key (1) your phone did not have the voice mail retrieval number initially stored in your sim so it asked you to provide it, you mistakenly entered your password thinking it was asking for it now when you press and hold the 1 key, your phone is trying to dial that password as a telephone number which is not a proper number so it hangs up which is the correct thing for it to do as its not a real phone number.

What you need to do is go into your phone app -> settings -> voicemail -> Voicemail settings - > Voicemail number -> remove the faulty number you entered and put the correct one in,  You can get the correct one by calling Rogers Wireless Customer Service or by speaking to a Rogers employee on here via Chat/IM

Note: depending on which android phone you have there may be a different way to edit and change your voice mail number since you did not specify which handset you had i was not sure if the instructions i gave you are the right ones for your phone I am Samsung so if your a different company like LG or Motorola or Google, the menus may be slightly different and I do not know them

Ekh4
I've been around

Somehow my voicemail stopped working. When I call voicemail it asks me to enter my mailbox number, wh oh shoukd be my phone number with area code. When I do this, it adds a 1 amd will not recognize the number. Tried all voicemail troubleshooting options

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Ekh4,

This is likely something you wont be able to fix yourself. This is a provisioning issue on the back end that only customer service or technical support reps can handle and correct.

Did you recently change your phone plan? or call in to make changes to your account? this could help us to identify if any changes u requested impacted this

Re: Voicemail - Number Not Recognized by Mailbox.

First time setting up

Re: Voicemail - Number Not Recognized by Mailbox.

Hello @Akennedy0380,

Welcome to the Rogers Community!

Voicemail is indeed a great feature! We will be happy to assist you with setting up your voicemail.

Have you got a chance to see this awesome post by @RogersMaude?

For additional info, feel free to check out our Community Knowledge Base article How to set up voicemail on your Android Phone.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

RogersRahul

That doesn't work. When i hold one it says i need to set up through settings, but it's greyed out on my phone and will not allow me to.

Hi @Amanda75,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for joining the conversation with your post.

If you have tried the above steps and are still unable to get your voicemail set up, then we may need to take a further look into your account.

Please feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Regards,
RogersJermaine

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

in most cases a re-send to switch may be able to program the voicemail retrieval number automatically over the air. have you tried calling Rogers Wireless and ask them to do a Resend to Switch?   its not 100% guaranteed to solve your problem but it is still a good chance it might do it if your phone is not a grey market foreign non rogers phone.

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 9 in conversation