If I unlock my htc one M8, will it work on at&t networks?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

If I unlock my htc one M8, will it work on at&t networks?

Hello,

I am planning a 5 month trip in the US.

Would like to know if it is difficult to unlock my htc one. And if I do, will it work on at&t neworks?

Has anyone travelled in the us southwest using at&t? What kind of reception did you get in the national parks?

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: If I unlock my htc one M8, will it work on at&t networks?

Hi @timothyrmt

Good question.
Unlocking is pretty straight forward but before you go ahead with the process, you should make sure everything in your account is in check (You can speak with customer service and they can help you complete the process and confirm everything). Keep in mind there is an unlocking fee to obtain the unlocking code. It's an One-Time fee for that particular IMEI for HTC One M8 (Master Code for that works for that IMEI only).

As for AT&T network compatibility, you should cross reference AT&T's supported Network BAND (should be on their website support or FAQ section) and compare it with HTC One M8 band (referenced on Device Page in Rogers.com

As for Reception in National Parks. 0% certain on that; I barely get out of my city, let alone the country so that I hope someone else here in the community can answer that for you.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks very much...I will look into that tomorrow.
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

You're Welcome @timothyrmt
Any other questions feel free to ask the community :] We are here to help.

And also...
WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY! WOOHOO!