cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAP Settings.

Bozzak
I've been here awhile

For Emails, at first I set my LG G2 up automatically with POP and it recieved emails fine.  I deleted ones I did not want and it seemed to work fine, but when I checked my email on my Computer at a later date... all the emails I had deleted off the phone were still in the Yahoo/Rogers Inbox.

I previously had an iPhone (traded it in) that would allow the emails to be deleted (or sync'd) in the Yahp/Rogers Inbox when I deleted it off of the Phone.

Since I traded in the iPhone and had set that up once 3 years ago, I do not remember how I did it.  I looked around and have read that IMAP is the way to set up the Emails on your phone to be able to delete from the Yahoo/Rogers Inbox when you delete off your phone, but I can not find the Server info I am to put into it.

Does anyone know the IMAP4 Server address for Rogers?

And also the SMTP Server address for Rogers?

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: IMAP Settings.

nwolk
I plan to stick around

It took me a while to figure out what was going on.  I was trying to find POP settings with no luck.  I found the IMAP settings and all is well.  You need to set everything up using Yahoo IMAP.  Settings are as follows:

• Incoming Server - imap.mail.yahoo.com
  • Outgoing Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  • Incoming Port - 993 (requires SSL)
  • Outgoing Port - 465 (requires SSL/TLS)
  • Username: full email address (for example, xxxxxx@rogers.com)
  • Password: the password you login to Rogers Yahoo! with

The IMAP server replicates all actions between the devices.  So if you delete an email on your PC, that email will have also been deleted from the phone and vice versa.

Cheers!

Neal

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

sam_15
I plan to stick around
Hi Bozzak,

The default Email app usually only downloads the emails for you and isn't set to change or communicate back to Yahoo's servers.

I don't have a solution to set up the app to communicate back to the servers but I recommend you to try the official Yahoo Mail app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.mail

Read emails in the app will be seen on the web.

nwolk
I plan to stick around

It took me a while to figure out what was going on.  I was trying to find POP settings with no luck.  I found the IMAP settings and all is well.  You need to set everything up using Yahoo IMAP.  Settings are as follows:

• Incoming Server - imap.mail.yahoo.com
  • Outgoing Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  • Incoming Port - 993 (requires SSL)
  • Outgoing Port - 465 (requires SSL/TLS)
  • Username: full email address (for example, xxxxxx@rogers.com)
  • Password: the password you login to Rogers Yahoo! with

The IMAP server replicates all actions between the devices.  So if you delete an email on your PC, that email will have also been deleted from the phone and vice versa.

Cheers!

Neal

Condoleeza
I've been here awhile

Hi - I've been having the same issue with my Blackberry and trying to find the solution.  

Thanks for all the information.  These may seem like dumb questions but do I change the settings directly on Outlook or through Yahoo?  If it is Yahoo, I could not see where to do that.  On my Outlook accounts, it has POP as the option and it is greyed out meaning that I cannot select an IMAP option.  

rgl168
I plan to stick around

@Condoleeza wrote:

On my Outlook accounts, it has POP as the option and it is greyed out meaning that I cannot select an IMAP option.  

Outlook does not support IMAP, but it supports Exchange Activesync, which serves a similar purpose.

This is from outlook.com's support page:

• Server address: s.outlook.com

• Domain: <leave empty>

• User name: Your email address

• Password: Your password

• TLS/SSL encryption required: Yes

AndreainTO
I've been around

Thank you so very much nwolk!

I spoke to the Rogers rep and he told me that because Yahoo is a pop server, I couldn't set up iMAP. I had just spent several hours with the Apple support person transferring all the contents of my inbox account into a folder, in case I lost it all when I revised my account to be iMAP from POP. We had tried making my new account (with the same address) iMAP using iMAP.broadband.rogers and it didn't work. Then I found your post and it works! Beautifully! Having several devices, it will be great to have them synched. I will spend a lot less time deleting and organizing one box, rather than three, and better control over my unwieldy inboxes!

wkristen
I've been around

Yahoo mail provides IMAP server on the mobile phone devices and certain email programs on the desktop. Yahoo! Mail addresses, in addition, to access the record on the web by means of a program. IMAP ensures that you can access mail in all your folders in both email program and browser. Visit here for more information- Configure Yahoo Email Account using IMAP Server

Zamboni
I've been here awhile

Adding Yahoo Email account on Mac

My Mac says it can't confirm my Yahoo / Rogers email account or password? Any suggestions?

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@Zamboni wrote:

Adding Yahoo Email account on Mac

My Mac says it can't confirm my Yahoo / Rogers email account or password? Any suggestions?

@Zamboni

goto https://ca.rogers.yahoo.com 

login to your mail from there, if you still cannot login you can call Rogers and ask them to reset the password.

User14
I'm a trusted contributor

It's 2017  now. Some of you may be having problems with making the required changes in Outlook for IMAP settings so this might help. 

The Rogers Member Centre let’s you generate App Passwords — application-specific passwords that are a secure way for older mail clients to check email, and are required by some applications.

App Passwords ARE needed for these common email clients that use POP or IMAP:

• MS Outlook 2016/2013/2010/2007/

We had a problem generating an Outlook App Password for Rogers email  in one of our Windows 10 User Accounts. She was using IMAP not POP in Outlook.   Review the info here  Rogers Member Centre FAQ   first. The setup instructions are not very clear.  So when you get to POP setting, simply use   imap.mail.yahoo.com   for the incoming mail server. For Outlook when you generate the 16 letter App password, you also put it in the password field as shown below, not your email password.

Good luck.

IMAP Settings.png

Hello @User14,

Thank you for the very informative steps you've provided to assist our users with their Email Client Settings issues. 

Your contribution is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

RogersTony 

walshmagger
I've been around

Microsoft outlook IMAP Settings: Incoming

Username: emailaddress@outlook.com
Password: your password
Server: imap-mail.outlook.com
Server port: 993
Encryption: SSL

Outgoing

Username: emailaddress@outlook.com
Password: your password
Server: smtp-mail.outlook.com
Server port: 587
Encryption: TLS

http://net-informations.com/q/mis/outlook.html

auggiedoggy
I've been here awhile

Tried your solution. It didn't work. In fact, nothing I've tried has worked. Was on-line for an hour one night with Rogers Tech Support and nothing worked! I bought an unlocked Blackberry Classic a couple months ago and have tried to setup my Roger email access on it.

User14

@auggiedoggy wrote:

Tried your solution. It didn't work. In fact, nothing I've tried has worked. Was on-line for an hour one night with Rogers Tech Support and nothing worked! I bought an unlocked Blackberry Classic a couple months ago and have tried to setup my Roger email access on it.

There are many things that can go wrong. There is a password and a verification password which are not well explained, plus the two-step verification. 

I have had problems getting in when using my laptop when it works fine with my PC. I know it is frustrating.  Try the Sign in Helper.  (top right at this link:    https://ca.help.yahoo.com/kb/account# )  It might give you a connection through the Yahoo process.  If that fails try sending a Private Message to  @CommunityHelps.  

auggiedoggy
I've been here awhile

My problem is not being able to setup and access email on my Blackberry Classic. I can access my Rogers and Gmail accounts on my PC. I've tried the steps provided by Rogers and their Tech support without any success. If I turn Wi-Fi on then I can setup and use my email account. once Wi-Fi is turned off I can no longer send or receive email. IOW, once I walk out my front door email access is impossible. The password I use is the 16-character APP password. Server info: imap.mail.yahoo.com and smtp.mail.yahoo.com. During setup it fails to connect unless Wi-Fi is turned on. Why can't I setup email by using the mobile network?

User14

@auggiedoggy wrote:

My problem is not being able to setup and access email on my Blackberry Classic. I can access my Rogers and Gmail accounts on my PC. I've tried the steps provided by Rogers and their Tech support without any success. If I turn Wi-Fi on then I can setup and use my email account. once Wi-Fi is turned off I can no longer send or receive email. IOW, once I walk out my front door email access is impossible. The password I use is the 16-character APP password. Server info: imap.mail.yahoo.com and smtp.mail.yahoo.com. During setup it fails to connect unless Wi-Fi is turned on. Why can't I setup email by using the mobile network?

I have used a Blackberry, Samsung and iPhone. To get your email when you walk out the door you need your 4G LTE cellular connection turned on which I assume you have with Rogers. 

Perhaps you haven't set up your mobile Access Point Name (APN) correctly.  

https://apn.gishan.net/en/apn/us-cellular/blackberry-classic  

You may have better luck getting up to date information by contacting  Blackberry support for the APN settings you need. https://ca.blackberry.com/support

Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 13 in conversation