IMAP Settings.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: IMAP Settings.

Hello @User14,

Thank you for the very informative steps you've provided to assist our users with their Email Client Settings issues. 

Your contribution is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

RogersTony 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Microsoft outlook IMAP Settings: Incoming

Username: emailaddress@outlook.com
Password: your password
Server: imap-mail.outlook.com
Server port: 993
Encryption: SSL

Outgoing

Username: emailaddress@outlook.com
Password: your password
Server: smtp-mail.outlook.com
Server port: 587
Encryption: TLS

http://net-informations.com/q/mis/outlook.html

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Tried your solution. It didn't work. In fact, nothing I've tried has worked. Was on-line for an hour one night with Rogers Tech Support and nothing worked! I bought an unlocked Blackberry Classic a couple months ago and have tried to setup my Roger email access on it.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@auggiedoggy wrote:

Tried your solution. It didn't work. In fact, nothing I've tried has worked. Was on-line for an hour one night with Rogers Tech Support and nothing worked! I bought an unlocked Blackberry Classic a couple months ago and have tried to setup my Roger email access on it.

There are many things that can go wrong. There is a password and a verification password which are not well explained, plus the two-step verification. 

I have had problems getting in when using my laptop when it works fine with my PC. I know it is frustrating.  Try the Sign in Helper.  (top right at this link:    https://ca.help.yahoo.com/kb/account# )  It might give you a connection through the Yahoo process.  If that fails try sending a Private Message to  @CommunityHelps.  

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

My problem is not being able to setup and access email on my Blackberry Classic. I can access my Rogers and Gmail accounts on my PC. I've tried the steps provided by Rogers and their Tech support without any success. If I turn Wi-Fi on then I can setup and use my email account. once Wi-Fi is turned off I can no longer send or receive email. IOW, once I walk out my front door email access is impossible. The password I use is the 16-character APP password. Server info: imap.mail.yahoo.com and smtp.mail.yahoo.com. During setup it fails to connect unless Wi-Fi is turned on. Why can't I setup email by using the mobile network?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@auggiedoggy wrote:

My problem is not being able to setup and access email on my Blackberry Classic. I can access my Rogers and Gmail accounts on my PC. I've tried the steps provided by Rogers and their Tech support without any success. If I turn Wi-Fi on then I can setup and use my email account. once Wi-Fi is turned off I can no longer send or receive email. IOW, once I walk out my front door email access is impossible. The password I use is the 16-character APP password. Server info: imap.mail.yahoo.com and smtp.mail.yahoo.com. During setup it fails to connect unless Wi-Fi is turned on. Why can't I setup email by using the mobile network?

I have used a Blackberry, Samsung and iPhone. To get your email when you walk out the door you need your 4G LTE cellular connection turned on which I assume you have with Rogers. 

Perhaps you haven't set up your mobile Access Point Name (APN) correctly.  

https://apn.gishan.net/en/apn/us-cellular/blackberry-classic  

You may have better luck getting up to date information by contacting  Blackberry support for the APN settings you need. https://ca.blackberry.com/support