Huawei P10 plus

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RNEric
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Huawei P10 plus

Bought my P10+ from a Rogers Plus store yesterday; this is my second Huawei phone and I must say I am starting to like Chinese phones. My P10+ comes with UFS; firmware wise is is C654B185 with April.2017 security patch.

The speaker, however, is fairly weak...VOLTE works as expected...phones I had prior to using the P10+ were BB KeyOne, S8+, i7+, Xperia XZs, OnePlus 3T, Mate 9, Pixel XL, LG G6...Battery life is only fair at this moment.

Davidwr
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the mate 9 and I love it. How'd you rate the others phones you've owned.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RNEric

I used it today and liked it but didn't change my mind from leaving my S8+. It has it drawbacks as well but in the end which device doesn't lol.
RNEric
I Plan to Stick Around

To me this is just another phone but I know I must own one (perhaps for few weeks)...The Mate 9 was excellent particularly for its battery life and photo quality...The P10+ is smaller and has a smaller battery.

The UI is very similar to the Mate 9.
pychzloya
I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @pychzloya

Unfortunately Rogers does not have a app which backs up on very thing from one phone and transfers it to the new phone.

Have you checked with Huawei if they have a app that does that? Samsung and LG and Apple doe.

I submitted a ticket to Huawei official support and they said no such app made by Huawei. Fortunately, there are quite good apps out there for data transfer, like this one: https://www.tunesbro.com/transfer-contacts-from-iphone-to-android.html

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @pychzloya

Glad to hear. It seems only Samsung, Apple, Sony and LG and some others are able to do it but Huawei doesn't want to do it. Shame.

Glad you found a alternative way!
sergiochaves
I'm Here A Lot

Although the model of firmware limits the device to just single Sim, the device hardware does in fact support dual sim. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sergiochaves

That is correct. However you won't be able to use it since all Canadian carrier lock it.
Shawn58
I've Been Around

Huawei does have an software for phone backup. I don't know why Huawei support say "no" but there is one. Its called HiSuite, its very good one.
sparky853
I'm Here A Lot

If the dual sim functionality is locked out, does this affect the microSD card slot as well, since this is effectively a hybrid SIM/microSD slot?