cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P10 plus

Davidwr
I plan to stick around

I am wanting to know why Rogers is only offering the 64gb 4gb ram version of the P10 plus when there is a 6gb ram with 128gb version from Huawei. Will Rogers make this higher spec version available.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Huawei P10 plus

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Davidwr

Unfortunately Rogers nor any North American carrier will carry the 128GB / 6GB model. That model is a dual sim card model and it's a international model as per the sites I have read. So everyone else has the same model Rogers has. Sadly you only have that one option unless u opt to buy that one outright online.

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Davidwr

Unfortunately Rogers nor any North American carrier will carry the 128GB / 6GB model. That model is a dual sim card model and it's a international model as per the sites I have read. So everyone else has the same model Rogers has. Sadly you only have that one option unless u opt to buy that one outright online.

So just to confirm, the model Rogers is carrying is only single SIM? Even the 64gb / 4gb RAM versions I've seen online are dual-SIM

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @vincetheprince

All North American carriers will receive and sell the single sim card model. I believe this is the model VKY-L09 (Single Sim)

thillyer
I plan to stick around

What colour options are coming to Rogers for the P10?  I have found black and gold so far.  Will blue be available?

http://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/huawei

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @thriller

Unfortunately at this moment Rogers is only carrying Black and Gold for this device. However things may change later in and they MAY carry this color. Stay tuned!

pychzloya
I've been here awhile

Is there any app from Roger to help people migrate data to Huawei phone?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @pychzloya

Unfortunately Rogers does not have a app which backs up on very thing from one phone and transfers it to the new phone.

Have you checked with Huawei if they have a app that does that? Samsung and LG and Apple doe.

Davidwr
I plan to stick around
I'd you already have an android phone and you get a P10 plus you can use Google to back up everything. Before switching go into your settings and use Google backup. Then log into same Google account on new phone and everything will sync and move to new phone. Or go to Google play Store and download one of a few different apps that can transfer from one phone to another. I can't remember the name of the one I used but it was called something like one click transfer. It has to be on both phones. It transfers your data by WiFi. Hope this helps.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Davidwr

Unfortunately Google won't back up everything. It doesn't back up text messages, calls and other documents unless you have a Google Drive and back it up that way.

As you said, there are many apps for free on the Play store which do this and can be useful!

RNEric
I plan to stick around

Bought my P10+ from a Rogers Plus store yesterday; this is my second Huawei phone and I must say I am starting to like Chinese phones. My P10+ comes with UFS; firmware wise is is C654B185 with April.2017 security patch.

The speaker, however, is fairly weak...VOLTE works as expected...phones I had prior to using the P10+ were BB KeyOne, S8+, i7+, Xperia XZs, OnePlus 3T, Mate 9, Pixel XL, LG G6...Battery life is only fair at this moment.

Davidwr
I plan to stick around
I have the mate 9 and I love it. How'd you rate the others phones you've owned.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RNEric

I used it today and liked it but didn't change my mind from leaving my S8+. It has it drawbacks as well but in the end which device doesn't lol.

RNEric
I plan to stick around
To me this is just another phone but I know I must own one (perhaps for few weeks)...The Mate 9 was excellent particularly for its battery life and photo quality...The P10+ is smaller and has a smaller battery.

The UI is very similar to the Mate 9.

pychzloya
I've been here awhile

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @pychzloya

Unfortunately Rogers does not have a app which backs up on very thing from one phone and transfers it to the new phone.

Have you checked with Huawei if they have a app that does that? Samsung and LG and Apple doe.

I submitted a ticket to Huawei official support and they said no such app made by Huawei. Fortunately, there are quite good apps out there for data transfer, like this one: https://www.tunesbro.com/transfer-contacts-from-iphone-to-android.html

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @pychzloya

Glad to hear. It seems only Samsung, Apple, Sony and LG and some others are able to do it but Huawei doesn't want to do it. Shame.

Glad you found a alternative way!

Although the model of firmware limits the device to just single Sim, the device hardware does in fact support dual sim. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @sergiochaves

That is correct. However you won't be able to use it since all Canadian carrier lock it.

Huawei does have an software for phone backup. I don't know why Huawei support say "no" but there is one. Its called HiSuite, its very good one.

sparky853
I'm here a lot

If the dual sim functionality is locked out, does this affect the microSD card slot as well, since this is effectively a hybrid SIM/microSD slot?

Hello @sparky853,

Thanks for your post!

Although the Huawei P10 Plus is not "Dual-SIM" compatible, the memory storage is expandable, up to 256 GB.

The second SIM slot is to be used for the Micro-SD card.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Topic Stats