cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P10 Plus upgrade to Pie?

satdan
I plan to stick around

Anyone know when or if the P10 Plus from Rogers will be getting the Pie/Emui 9 upgrade?

*** Added Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Huawei P10 Plus upgrade to Pie?

RogersTony

Hello @satdan

Android Pie is definitely a big improvement on the Android OS so I can understand your desire to get it as soon as possible.

While I wish we had a specific date for when Android Pie will be available for the P10 Plus, we have not been provided with a date from Huawei as of yet. With the builds for the P20 and P20 Pro only just being completed within the last few months it could be a bit of time before Android Pie is built for the P10 Plus is completed.

Once we have specific dates to announce we will updates our OS Upgrade Schedule first so stay tuned to that thread for the latest on what is coming down the pipe for OS upgrades.

I also recommend reviewing this Infographic which outlines the entire process a general time to market.

I hope you find this information useful!

RogersTony

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

RogersTony

Hello @satdan

Android Pie is definitely a big improvement on the Android OS so I can understand your desire to get it as soon as possible.

While I wish we had a specific date for when Android Pie will be available for the P10 Plus, we have not been provided with a date from Huawei as of yet. With the builds for the P20 and P20 Pro only just being completed within the last few months it could be a bit of time before Android Pie is built for the P10 Plus is completed.

Once we have specific dates to announce we will updates our OS Upgrade Schedule first so stay tuned to that thread for the latest on what is coming down the pipe for OS upgrades.

I also recommend reviewing this Infographic which outlines the entire process a general time to market.

I hope you find this information useful!

RogersTony

satdan
I plan to stick around

I fully understand the process.  So are you saying that it WILL happen (sometime later, which I understand)?

Hello @satdan,

We are unable to comment on whether or not Huawei will decide to make a build for the P10 Plus. Once they have advised us that it is in the pipeline we will ensure the OS Upgrade Schedule is updated.

RogersTony

I see that according to the OS Upgrade chart that the Android Pie update is available now for the P10 Plus, but I have been unable to download and install the update. What can I do to get the update on my phone? Thanks.

Hey @sparky853,

I'm always eager to get the latest updates for my phone as well!

Updates are rolled out in batches and you should see a prompt when a new update is made available to your phone. As another option, you can use HiSuite Android Smart Device Manager to update your device.

RogersTim

Nolf
I've been around
I understand batches, but I'm still waiting. Surely Rogers has bandwidth capable of handing out updates at an increased speed.

satdan
I plan to stick around

I noticed that the P10/P10+ has been removed from the update schedule.  Has it been withdrawn or did it just fall off the list?

Were there issues with the upgrade?

I know that Huawei P10 is getting pie. When is Huawei P10 update to pie will be available. I've been waiting and its has been a await. Thanks

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @Nolf ,

Just a quick clarification; Carriers do not send or control an OEM's (Original Equipment Manufacturer) update rollout.  All updates regardless of OEM come from the OEM's servers, and is begun, paused or stopped all at their accord.

Let us know if you have any more questions about the OS update process.

RogersDarrell

RogersDarrell

Hey Community,

We have confirmed from Huawei that they experienced a FOTA server set back and are working on restarting the rollout soon.

Stay tuned!

Thanks 🙂

Any update as of today? Still haven't receive the pie update on my P10+

Hello @charleydc5,

A warm welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Congrats on your very first post! 

Regretfully, we do not have any information available at this time, but please keep an eye on the OS Upgrade Schedule for any news. If we are provided with any further updates, we'll be sure to let the Community know!

Thank you,

RogersLaura

satdan1
I've been here awhile

I received Pie on Friday May 17 and a security update on Monday.

Currently at version 9.0.1.186

bobtelco
I've been here awhile

Lucky you, i'm still waiting

satdan1
I've been here awhile

To be honest...nothing that exciting.

Plus is broke the Huawei sms app.....Times when a message was sent or received are out of whack, 3 hours 15 mins off of current.  Its very odd, I switch to the google sms app and it is fine.

Jim555
I've been around
Mine has the time way off for incoming text messages but not outgoing ones. Very annoying can not fix.
Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 12 in conversation