cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P10 Plus Rogers Oreo Update Bugs

dread99a
I've been here awhile

After I OTA updated my Huawei P10 Plus to Rogers Oreo (from Nougat), I can no longer change the Hide / Show my number feature in the Dialer. It is stuck on always Show my number when making calls. Also the CPU (hence the battery) is more heavily utilized (4 to 7 percent more) than was on Nougat. A factory reset does not solve these issues.

***Edited Lables***

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Huawei P10 Plus Rogers Oreo Update Bugs

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @dread99a

I hear you. However this isn't a Rogers isssue. Those changes come straight from the OS manufacture and Huawei. Rogers does not touch any CPU / Battery or any changes within the settings. They only add their own apps, optimize the networks for the phone to work on their network.

Have you contacted Huawei?

pmsc143
I've been around

Still, I did not get any update on my

@Meowmixwrote:
Hello @dread99a

I hear you. However this isn't a Rogers isssue. Those changes come straight from the OS manufacture and Huawei. Rogers does not touch any CPU / Battery or any changes within the settings. They only add their own apps, optimize the networks for the phone to work on their network.

Have you contacted Huawei?

Huawei p10 plus 

dread99a
I've been here awhile
The caller id display issue is a Rogers Network issue. (Just research this for your own edification) Rogers needs to contact Huawei to get this fixed as it is within Rogers area of responsibility. Rogers is not a victim here but rather the vendor providing firmware validation before authorizing os deployment to their "network locked" devices and I expect and demand no less of them to do their jobs well... My cell phone bills reflect a tier 1 vendor... so Rogers needs to continue to earn their keep.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @dread99a

Then contact Rogers tech support and open a ticket with them. They see the ones who can see if its on their side or its a bug within the OS update that caused this.

The setting for call display is on every single phone even without it being connected to any carrier. So it could be a issue with the OS update or someone forgot to add it back.

dread99a
I've been here awhile
The higher likelihood is the caller id validation check and id network setting strings were not correctly changed to the Rogers specific network codes. I will contact Rogers tech support.

dread99a
I've been here awhile

I've contacted Rogers Tech Support and they are escalting the issue to Huawei for a fix.... though there is no time frame on when we might see an update. Hopefully Rogers contract with Huawei has an aggressive SLA for fixing cell network related bugs.

Note: Tech Rep mentioned that they have an outstanding OS issue with a Samung phone that has been open for over 2 months and Rogers still has not received a fix (hence one of the reasons why I no longer buy Samsung phones) .  Hopefully Huawei is more responsive / proactive... if not, a tardy fix response time will most certainly influence my buying decision for my next Phone manufacturer in the next year.

Mcneillica
I've been around
Are the Oreo updates being pushed in batches, still not received on my P10 plus...sorry not a big, just looking for the update

bobtelco
I've been here awhile

Hi I'm also waiting for the update ...

I check everyday... still not available???

Hey @Mcneillica & @bobtelco,

Welcome to our Rogers Community Forums :).

I can definitely understand your concerns, I'd like to chime in and provide some quick insight.

Huawei does push out their updates in batches. If you haven't received it yet, just sit tight and it should be available to you in the very near future. 

Once you've received the update, if you can kindly keep the Community posted? That'd be great Smiley Wink!

Cheers,

RogersCilio

bobtelco
I've been here awhile

I received the update this morning.

So far so good 🙂

Hey @bobtelco,

Thanks for the update Hate to say it, but told ya so... jk lol. Enjoy!

RogersCilio

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 in conversation