cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei OS updates

revhappy
I plan to stick around

Hi everyone,

Figured I'd start a thread for the Huawei line of phones at Roger's. This should serve as a great registry for current and upcoming developments.

1st on the docket list for the P20: July 9th security update; June version. I have yet to see this update appear on my phone. This holds true even using the computer firmware software update.

It's currently July 14th and the OS upgrade table has morphed from "June security updates" to "Bug fixes + June security updates"

Can anyone comment on the changelog? I won't inquire about the delay because the most recent update to the chart says it all, I.e "big fixes"

The next anticipated feature I hope will deploy is WiFi calling. VoLTE on the P20 has been phenomenal to date!

***Edited Labels***

224 REPLIES 224

Re: Huawei OS updates

Hello @Av3ngeme,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I appreciate the anticipation for the new update :). Please remember that OEMs release updates in batches to insure quality and functionality, so it may take a few days to reach all devices.

For a clearer understanding of how the process works, please check out post #2 on our OS Upgrade Schedule thread

RogersZia

FadCH
I've been around
P20 Pro: it's March 22 2020 & still no OS 10 update on my device. It's been released for 3 months now. It was said on the Rogers update schedule that it should've been rolled out already. What's happening

Hello, @FadCH

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I know how important it is to have the latest update on your devices and Android 10 is definitely an exciting upgrade.

Regrettably, we do not have any updates regarding the P20 Pro as of yet. Once we do have an update we will ensure the OS Upgrade Schedule is updated first.

Thanks for your patience during these difficult times.

RogersTony

Hi, has Rogers stopped providing security updates for the Mate 20 Pro? I am aware Huawei will be releasing Android 11 to the Mate 20 Pro and this has been confirmed but I'd like to know if Rogers has plans to continue to support this device. Many thanks.

Hello, @spnackin.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😀

Thank you for joining this thread; I appreciate your query, and it's essential to keep the device up to date. Huawei Mate 20 Pro has not reached the end of the support cycle yet. The OS Upgrade Schedule will be updated once we have news about the upcoming SMR (Security Maintenance Release). 

We appreciate your patience and understanding!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Derwood519
I've been here awhile
So it is now June 17th. The update was released by Huawei past month. Why is Rogers not sending out the patch. This is ludicrous!!! Unsecured devices due to providers negligence. This is a reason to never buy locked phones..
Good riddance Rogers..

Hello, @Derwood519.

Thank you for joining this discussion, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

It's critical to have the devices running the latest software. The software is developed and deployed by OEMs, not Rogers. Thank you for your patience while we work with OEMs in testing the software to ensure stability. Once we have an expected rollout date, we will update the OS Upgrade Schedule

To know more about the software updates, please check out the OS Upgrade Process

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Derwood519
I've been here awhile
I have no patience left. I'm leaving Rogers. No excuses for . poor customer service, and leaving customer devices insecure. This IS your (Rogers) problem. Not Huawei's
The update HAS been released by the Manufacturer.
But your efforts are pretty lame, trying to answer my original question.
Bye Rogers. Bye locked phones. Bye frustration
Than you Laura for the edit. But please be more careful doing so. Your edits forgot a few things.

Trendhoor
I plan to stick around

I don't know that I'd ever buy a locked phone again, this is utterly ridiculous.  Android 11 will be out before Rogers pushes the P20 Pro Android 10 update.  I wish I had never chosen this phone.

LouisPL
I've been around

I've finally received the EMUI 10 update on my P20 yesterday! 

Derwood519
I've been here awhile
Me too.. finally..

Av3ngeme
I've been here awhile
Still no updates for p20 pro

My P20 Pro received its update last week. I think they're being staggered. It would have been nice to have a least the same security update as my P30 Pro but it seems that it's a month behind even though the EMUI 10 update arrived on the P20 Pro after the one for the P30 Pro.

RCSJim
I've been here awhile

The MediaPad T5 was supposed to start getting updates last week.  Has anyone received this update?  Mine has not.

RCSJim
I've been here awhile

Mine finally came through for the T5... only a month after it was supposed to.  I was told by support that it was due to Huawei's rollout that things were slow.