Huawei OS updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Huawei OS updates

The update has been out and about since October. It just seems that these guys drag their heels to get these updates out to us after we pay good money for these phones.
I'm Here A Lot

It may be true that Android 10 has been around for a while and EMUI 10 has also been out for a few months in other countries. However it's only been available in Canada since January 14 according to:

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/01/13/huawei-p30-pro-emui-10-canada/

and:

https://www.huaweicentral.com/canada-huawei-p30-and-p30-pro-emui-10-rollout-to-start-very-soon/.

So, while Rogers may be behind TELUS in getting their act together, it hasn't been months but, rather, days.

Cheers,

I'm Here A Lot

Hi!

I just received my EMUI 10/Android 10 update this evening for my P30 Pro. I didn't need to do anything special. It just showed up as an update. The update went smoothly and everything seems to be working fine. Yes, the GUI has some improvements but as far as I'm concerned it's business as usual in terms of my day-to-day use of the phone.

Cheers,

I'm Here A Lot

I just checked and my P30Pro on EMUI 9.1.0 still says I'm up to date.

Any idea why and whether I can force an update to EMUI 10?

Hello, @rhnaks

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I know how exciting it is to get a new OS upgrade for your device so I definitely want to help shed some light on this situation.

Huawei is rolling out the update in batches over a 3-week period from January 14th to February 3rd. We have no control over this process as it is initiated by Huawei. If you do not receive the OS upgrade by February 3rd, let us know so we can investigate it for you.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

Update was downloaded and installed last night. Working well. Thanks
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a feeling there is more to this story. Funny how Android 10 has stopped flowing to Hawei devices since her trial began yesterday
I Plan to Stick Around

Can anyone confirm the update being pushed since Monday
I'm Here A Lot

Same here. Still waiting !!!

I've Been Here Awhile

I've gotten the update.