Huawei OS updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Huawei OS updates

I just don't understand why this wasn't escalated earlier. They knew there was an issue. Great way to make others give your product a try. This will be my last Huawei device.
I Plan to Stick Around

Well I was just on a chat with Huawei Canada and this was the message they told me about the update.  Screenshot_20190121-170535.jpg

I've Been Around

My understanding suggests this is a Rogers issue - Huawei has provided the firmware to the respective Telco to distribute to their subscribers, and somehow Rogers is fumbling this one very badly...   

Yes, Pixel is by far the best phone from the update perspective, but that's because they cut out the Telco and release the firmware on their own (and also make it available on website to download and flash offline).  At the same time, their phone has sub-par spec, especially when considering the price...   I replaced my Pixel XL with P20 PRO, and I am super happy with the hardware (the battery especially) and the tweaks they did to the Android firmware is actually quite useful.   The only thing I miss is the monthly security updates.

Huawei support people are actually way more helpful in this matter.  They explained exactly what's going on with the process.  Good luck getting hold of someone at Rogers support who understands anything about Android firmware.

I Plan to Stick Around

It's odd that Rogers hasn't addressed the issue here in this thread, other than providing an incorrect release date range. Twice.

Almost like they're avoiding the issue or something....
I Plan to Stick Around

I dunno if the entirely true

Bell Telus people are in the same boat according to xda and mobilesurup
I Plan to Stick Around

Funny. When I talked to Huawei today, theyy mentioned that if I am not receiving the software I can take it to a Huawei Repair centre to see if they can push it to my device. There is no certainty that this will work and they alluded it was a Rogers issue. I am at a loss and I'm getting fed up with no support for this device or knowledge about why the update has not been sent to all devices yet since the software has been available for more than a month. So something will have to give shortly before I use this device as a paperweight.
I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersDarrell any news? No update as of Jan 22nd.
I'm Here A Lot

Worn out update button here still no update on p20 pro in Winnipeg I've already started looking for a pixel this runaround is rediculous.
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good morning Community!

We have received an update from Huawei Canada late last night, and unfortunately its not the greatest news. But there is more detail in their explanation (that was not shared with us last time).

The details are as follows:

For the P20, Huawei Canada are continuing to drag the rollout from January 16th through to February 2nd.

For the P20 Pro, there is a little more complication, but added bonus. Huawei Canada will now release Android Pie which includes the January security update. The rollout for those who still do not have Android Pie will begin January 21st and is to be fully completed by February 12th.

The rollout for those already on Android Pie will begin January 21st and be fully completed by January 28th.

I Plan to Stick Around

What a joke. If I wasn't commited to this phone for 2 years I'd get rid of it.

Worst support experience with a phone I've ever had.