How to unlock Samsung Note4?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

How to unlock Samsung Note4?

Hello! Help, please! I bought the phone Samsung Galaxy Note4 in Canada, as was blocked by the operator Canada Rogers. Documents and cashier's check in the amount of purchase $ 951.98 available. When I went to his home in Russia, and inserted into the phone a local SIM card, the phone gave a message "SIM Network unlokk pin". When selling the phone assured me that the machine will not have problems abroad. How to unlock the phone, and if need be, where to transfer the money? How to get the code pin? Thanks in advance!

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: How to unlock Samsung Note4?

Hello vlad1310

Unfortunately no one can unlock the device for u on here. You need to have a active Rogers account with the IMEI number on the account in order to have it unlocked via Rogers. The only thing I can suggest is go via a third party link or repair shop and have then unlock it for u.
I've Been Around

I need help, please. I was lucky enough to win a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge, I got it in the mail today and it is locked to Rogers but they are not my provider. Rogers has said on the phone that I can't get it unlocked because I don't have a Rogers account. Please help if you could.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @goblueman2002

Unfortunately Rogers won't unlock the phone unless it's under a Rogers wireless account and it's been active and the IMEI number is on it.

Seeing as you do not have a Rogers account, the only solution is to unlock it via a third party store or unlock site.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Unlocking a Rogers phone so it can be used with another carrier is a subject you're not likely to get useful answers to in this forum.  Google is your friend.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @OLDYELLR

While that is true, sometimes WE can help them. Again Google is your friend and u can find more ways that way
I Plan to Stick Around

How to unlock Note 4 contract is done

Hi I currently have Galaxy S8 plus and love it I am with Rogers I have my old Note 4 that I do not use no more but it is still locked to Rogers I want to give it to someone so I want it unlocked how do I get it unlocked it is fully paid for and contract is done

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@raymondtrudeu

You need to call Rogers and ask them to unlock the device, there is a charge, I think it's $50

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/unlocking-devices

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @raymondtrudeu

You need to call Rogers or go into a Rogers store and ask then to unlock your device for u. The device must be on the account active still in order for it to be unlocked.

There is a $50 fee which will be charged upon doing the unlocking. As of December 1st 2017 you can unlock the device for free from any carrier.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

$16.50 on eBay. Or pay triple after tax for Rogers to do it.