How to transfer contacts from IPhone 4 to Galaxy 5?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

How to transfer contacts from IPhone 4 to Galaxy 5?

Please help me figure this out?

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: How to transfer contacts from IPhone 4 to Galaxy 5?

The easiest way is to install the Samsung Smart Switch Mobile tool on your Galaxy S5.

I used it to transfer my content directly from the iCloud and it worked great.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

my suggestion has always worked for me, I never store my address book on the phone anymore, I store them in my email account online, such as yahoo or Hotmail and when i add my email address to a new phone, i always tell the phone to synch the contacts and it downloads them to my new phone exactly as they were on my old phone.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SophiaLina

The OP hasn't been on in over a year so I guess the posts above worked or they found another way. Also the thread is a year old so if the OP hasn't come back, they found a way.

That's the easiest way. Copy all contacts to Google and it's done!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

For the one who want to transfer contacts from iPhone 4 to Galaxy 5, you have two ways to do that. One is using Google account, you can check the details online. The other is using phone transfer tool, such as Coolmuster Mobile Transfer, which can help us dierctly transfer contacts between them. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @tuodan

Coolmaster is a paid app I believe and has many issues from reading online. Google account yes will transfer the contact to the iPhone or Samsung phone but all contacts must be saved on your Google account
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks a lot for your advice. Actually, Google account is free.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Goodmorning @tuodan

I said Coolmuster is a paid app not a Google account :). Have a good day!
I've Been Around

Google account's sync Contacts from iPhone to Android Step 1. Click "App Store" and download this app – Google Drive in your iPhone and If you already have it installed, make sure that it is updated to the latest version. Step 2. Open Google Drive → sign into your Google account → click the icon in the top left corner of the screen → choose "Settings" → "Backup" → turn on "Back up Google Contacts" Step 3. Go back to the last interface, and press "Start Backup". Step 4. Sign into the same Google account on your Android phone – Samsung Galaxy. At this time, you will see your iCloud Calendar has already been transferred to your Android phone.
I Plan to Stick Around

If you have icloud account then open icloud at the lower left side there is option export or backup contact.  export or backup contact now move that file to samsung and restore it.

There are software available for ios to android transfer as well as samsung has specific software for transfer.

Thirdly try to transfer your iphone contact to gmail and then add same gmail account to samsung galaxy. and restore your contact.

And if you dont have large number of contact the sms it.