Hands-Free/Driving Mode missing on Samsung Note 5

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tantien
I've Been Here Awhile

Hands-Free/Driving Mode missing on Samsung Note 5

I loved my Samsung Note 3 and I just got my Note 5 last week. One thing I'm missing is my hands-free mode. Upon further investigation, some are calling it "driving mode" and apparently in the US, it's not available for AT&T users. Has this function been turned off? I've looked under the Text-to-Speech which is where many of the instructions tell me to look, but there is nothing there. Any ideas?

RogersMoin

Re: Hands-Free/Driving Mode missing on Samsung Note 5

Hello, @Tantien

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your query to the Community. Have you checked "car mode" and S-Voice Settings? 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

@Community - please share your experience and expertise with respect to Hands-Free/Driving Mode on Note 5, thank you all. 

Tantien
I've Been Here Awhile

I can't find the car mode, based on the internet searches I've done. According to what I've read, it should be under TTS. It's not listed. S-Voice doesn't have a setting that will read text messages to you, etc., out loud, which is helpful while driving. 

ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Hey @Tantien

Car Mode actually is not really... official by samsung (they had accessories for it back when Note 3 was hot, i had it, it was horrible lol). It kind of died over time.

Hand-free mode (same thing) is kind of dead, though other manufacture still have variants. Samsung doesn't (as far as I know. I could be wrong).

Better option:

Press an HOLD your home button.

Google Now pops up asking you what you want to do.

Google Now is like hands free mode. You can ask to navigate or send sms etc.

you can also fully do it hands free without holding your home button by making sure you have a Google search widget on your home screen and from the home screen say "Ok google" and Google Now will pop up.

This is in assumption that you have set up Google Now already.

Hope this helps,

Cheers.

Tantien
I've Been Here Awhile

This is definitely available on the Note 5, but it may be blocked. Using buttons while driving is against the law here, so I need to be able to have things read to me. This isn't available through S-Voice and according to what I read, it is available, but blocked in the US by AT&T