HTC One M8 Hybrid CDMA /GSM phone with a MSL code

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

HTC One M8 Hybrid CDMA /GSM phone with a MSL code

How to configure a SPRINT  HTC One M8 Hybrid CDMA /GSM phone with a Rogers plan and Rogers sim card.

SPRINT Mobile verified that the device is "internationally unlock capable" with a code.

They issued a code "Master Subsidy Lock" or "MSL".

They informed me to contact any GSM provider with this code

I would appreciate Rogers response

***Edited Labels***

hdenie
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: HTC One M8 Hybrid CDMA /GSM phone with a MSL code

Hey, Have you tried to just get a Rogers SIM card. Once you insert the SIM card, it should prompt you to enter a unlock code. Try that and see if it works Smiley Happy

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

No that is not working . That is why I contacted Sprint in the USA.

In Europe innitially I had the same problem and it was solved by giving the 462418. "Master Subsidy Lock" or "MSL" to the GSM europe techsupport

hdenie
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

So with that code you had the device working on a different network than Sprint but now you are trying it with Rogers and not working? 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes I gave that code to a dutch Tek support person and the phone was able to work on their GSM network.

My HTC version is  a hybrid CDMA/GSM phone. Apparently the process is a little different with a hybrid mobile phone than a regular GSM unlocked phone. My HTC  can only be configured  after the insert of a sim card and  the interaction of a tek support person who requires this MSL code.

See the Sprint publication : https://www.sprint.com/en/support/solutions/device/faqs-about-unlocking-your-sprint-device.html

In Europe they seem to know about this

hdenie