HTC 10

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

HTC 10

So it appears Rogers will not offer the new htc One, and the device on-contract will be exclusive to Bell. 

I have to say, after being disappointed in the G5, this handset looks amazing.  It's really a shame Rogers will not be offering the device, and I may have to look at purchasing my next handset off-contract.

***Edited Labels*** 

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: HTC 10

Hello @DrewLazz

The silver one seems to be exclusive to Bell only. Unfortunately at this moment there isn't any news of information they will post since they aren't allowed to communicate that until they get the okay. Also i would say it's partially HTC fault as well. If they weren't greedy, they would have gone with Rogers as well if Rogers did indeed offer money to carry the device.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Yea, it's too bad Bell has the exclusive on the HTC 10. It looks like a great phone. Is it worth $1000cdn off contact? Absolutely not. What was HTC thinking at that price point? They are trying to claw back some market share, and pricing it more than even Samsung is shooting themselves in the foot.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @GibMcFragger

Unfortunately that's HTC for you. They go were they get more money and since Bell gave them what they wanted, Bell got it.

HTC is giving $100 off if u get it straight from them. So it come to $899 Plus taxes instead of $999. Everyone complained about the Priv pricing but looks like Samsung and HTC are doing the same.

Highlighted

Yea. The difference is that Samsung already has the following and the name to get away with charging that (like Apple), and we will all pay it. HTC doesn't.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @GibMcFragger

That is true but we shall see with the time comes on how HTC manages this. We shall see.

I Plan to Stick Around

I still miss my One X some days, to be honest.  My old htc Legend, no so much.. Smiley Wink

I will say that I don't mind paying a premium for excellent design and craftsmaship, as long as the functionality is there. The new 10 seems to be a near-perfect culmination of the past 5 years of design language and technological focus for htc. $899 CAD (or $699 USD) doesn't seem unreasonable to me, if the phone is as good as it seems so far. 

I'm currently using a G3, and my wife is on a G4.. I wanted to love the G5, but there's just no cohesiveness to the implementation of the "Friends" and magic slot system. Next year's model should be much more refined.

In the meantime, the 10 looks as good or better than the S7, and without the still terrible Touchwiz UI. I'm eagerly awaiting reviews.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @DrewLazz

I still have my HTC Raider Lmao! Keeping that in the closet just in case one day i want to use it.

Honestly i don't see it being better then that S7 but we shall see!. I have Nova Launcher in my S7 edge so I don't see much Touchwiz lol

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: htc One - Exclusive to Bell

Hello @GibMcFragger

So Mobilesyrup got this information

"In addition, we’ve also been informed that the exclusivity period wil be in place until July 1st. There is no indication of other Canadian carriers planning to release the HTC 10 or additional colour options."

So that means that maybe just maybe Rogers may get it after July 1st.

Re: htc One - Exclusive to Bell

Nice! Thanks for the info!