Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Hello @Prospect

As a formar sales supervisor at Best Buy I can tell you they played you off. First you can NOT scan the wrong item as u scan the bar code on the box. Now sometimes it shows let's say R for Rogers and F for Fido and they get that mixed up but not the actual name of the device and all.

Seems to me both stores did not want to help nor actually knew what they were talking about. Most likely saw Pixel Black instead and thought it was for the XL.

I would contact head office of Best Buy and complain about that. Give them the store locations and managers names.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello @Meowmix

It's just baffling that a Mobile Manager at one location and a Sales Manager at the other location both do not know which device is which. 

It comes down to the Mobile Manager holding strong in his belief that he did recieve the Rogers Black XL 128, and that he had one in stock, which seemed to have been sold when I first returned. 

And a Sales Manager who believed he set aside the Black XL 128, but it happened to be a non-XL and expresed his upset at a variance in his system. 

I am really upset that I had to cancel my pending upgrade which would have shipped next week. 

I'm not sure what I should expect them to do at this point.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Prospect

Oh i agree. Normally when dealing with Best Buy, ask for the store manager and they will be able to help you more. The Sales manager doesn't deal with the Mobile Section and only rarely do they come in and help. So whoever they asked, gave them the wrong information and or did not look at the actual system and mixed them up.

In reality if you want, contact Best Buys head office and make a complaint about all that.

As for the device, there is no way to get it from Best Buy unless they release it fully.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I also had a troublesome experience in BestBuy when I was buying the Pixel XL. The got confused with the regular pixel and said that they had it in stock!

Later I finally decided to go ahead with the 32GB Pixel XL Black on Rogers. The sales rep enters my DL number wrong and I get tagged as a fraud in the Rogers system.

So I was made to wait for 4 hours in the store talking to the Rogers Customer care. All the time, the Best Buy rep kept insisting that its a bug from Rogers end. 

I had to check my equifax report also due to this issue. Finally after 4 days, I get to know from the Rogers customer care that the Best Buy rep had entered my DL number wrongly and that caused all the mess!

Because of that, I lost out on couple of offers that Rogers was offering at that time!

Never trusting BestBuy again!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sacthegreat

Yeah the reps aren't trained good when it comes to Best Buy Mobile. They get a little training but of course they do the online training which they skip most of it and then they get their buddies to help them with the questions. So that's what you get with them

Believe me working at Best Buy I can give u a list of things lol
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

are you still with them?

It seems like you're in an internal position as opposed to retail
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Prospect

I still hold a somewhat position with them at this moment ( on leave for personal reasons). I still communicate with them daily and get emails as well.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I emailed both general managers of the two Best Buy stores today.

I hope they are compassionate enough to understand the damage their mobile manager and sales managers have managed to inflict.

I wasted a total of 8 hours yesterday, from commuting to three stores in my leased vehicle.

Let's not forget it was my day off and of course the fuel and time.

I'm not sure what an appropriate resolution is, but, at this point both sales and mobile manager have yet to show any form of remorse.

The mobile manager offered me a free google DayDream, even though the unit that would have landed next week, would have come with it as part of the Rogers promotion.

And the sales manager offered me $30 Gift Card for my fuel. Even though I spent two hours on the round trip, and another two hours as he spent one sifting through his nonsense, and another hour he spent figuring out how to pass me back to the Mobile Manager.

When I asked him if would take into consideration my time, the unnecessary mileage on my leased vehicle, or the fact he could see I was not alone, he said the gift card would be the best he could do.

Yay Best Buy!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers said they can order it for me again, but I can get expect delivery in February.

So, 4-5 months after launch.

All cause I thought it would be a smart idea to preorder with Best Buy.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Pre-ordering the device through Rogers hasnt exaclty been a pleasant eperience either. I had originally pre-ordered a black pixel XL 128GB when the original promotion was beig offered in September (chroomecast and play store store credit). A few weeks later I received a call from the store saying to come and pick up the device. Since I want to port a number from another carrier getting the phone shipped directly was not an option. Once I arrived at the store I found out they had a 128 GB Pixel. I told them that I had ordered an XL and was told it was my fault, and that I must have ordered the wrong phone. I pulled out the order confirmation and turns out they had sent the wrong device to the store. After arguing with the clerk who insisted he could do nothing more to help I called Rogers. I should also mention that the given Rogers store where I was picking up the phone was offering 200$ off any new activation at the time, and that it was the third time that week that Rogers sent them a regular Pixel for customers who had ordered the XL. I called Rogers and after talking to five different people over the course of three hours I was finally transfered to extrenal CET that ultimately also failed to really help. Since the phone was backordered in their system they apparently couldn't do anything to help. All they offered was a 180$ credit that would be good for the next three months. No chromecast, no play store credit, 20$ less than the store was offering and of course still no phone. After getting off the phone I pre-ordered another phone as was recommended by the agent. Here I am a month later, and my reserved device still has not shipped despite the fact that it was supposed to ship in three to four weeks at the time it was ordered. I have been #8 on the list since I placed the second pre-order and nothing has changed since.  Absolutely pathetic customer service on Rogers' part. 

It baffles me that after the numerous fiascos that take place every year when the Iphones are realeased that carriers and device manufacturers alike are unable to deliver the product. It is just logical to me that both parties should ensure that a reasonabe amount of stock is avaible before releasing a device. Take the earpods that were released yesterday, many store receives as little as eight units. I feel bad for the store clerks who had to deal with all those frustrated customers. 

I guess such is the sad plight of the mobile consumer in Canada.