cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Google just announced the Google Pixel and Pixel XL! Great phones with great features! Let's discuss more here!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel and Pixel XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Google Pixel and Pixel XL Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

837 REPLIES 837

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Prospect
I plan to stick around

An Update to my Best Buy Pixel XL Reservation

I went by yesterday to my local Best Buy to pick up an item in reservation, and since I was there I went by to the mobile department, recognized the manager and asked him if he had any BLACK PIXEL XL 128 GB for Rogers.  He said yes. I asked him to show me the box, and he said he does a piece count every morning and knows what phones he has in stock and assured me he has them, and that he has receieved BLACK XL 128GB for Rogers in the past. He also paraded his Bell XL 128 Black. 

Since I had a reservation from another store, he said if I went there I could get my pre-order bonuses, and he checked on his inventory system and said they had two. So off I went. 

I got to my original pre-order store and they told me that they only had two silvers and maybe they had scanned them wrong, which didn't make sense but assured me they had no black ones in stock. 

So I returned to my local Best Buy, told him what happened, and asked if he still had his ROGERS BLACK 128GB XL. He said he had sold it today, and I asked if he can find me another store that has them and someone he knows directly at that store that can set it aside. 

And so he checked, and found a store and called that Sales Manager. He asked him to go to the back, pull the phone and set it aside. And the Sales Manager confirmed it has been set aside. 

Now mind you, I had a Pixel XL order in process during this time through Rogers, and I had to cancel it, if I wanted to get it instore. And so I did. Since the system wouldn't let me upgrade due to the pending. And the pending was slated to arrive next week. But if I can have it today, and get a free Google DayDream and use a trade in credit, why wait?!?

And so off I went to the other store with a device reserved. I get there, an hour later, and they proceed to find my "reserved device." 30 minutes later, the Sales Manager shows up, and says he was mistaken and grabbed the wrong phone. That he is upset that there is a variance of stock in his system. 

I am trying my best to keep my calm and composure, and ask him to find me another store I can go to. And so he looks. And then tells me that Best Buy never recieved the Black XL 128 Rogers in at all, that Canada is still void of them....

And I am baffled at this point, because it seems that this manager at my local store, with his arrogance and refusal to stock me the physical box that morning when I was in, had sent me on a wild goose hunt around the city for phantom stock.  That he counted the regular Pixel as a Pixel XL. Not once, but at least three times. He continued to check his inventory system with the regular Pixel item number, but yet inform me that he and other stores had the XL. And held steadfast that he had one, but had just sold it when I returned, and other stores had it too. Until the Sales Manager told him otherwise from the store he sent me over too...

So here I am, without a Pixel XL. My pending upgrade was cancelled with Rogers, so I would be put on another 3-4 weeks backorder. I am still paying for the Geek Squad Protection I picked up when I got my Note 7, even though my Note 7 has been recalled. 

FUN TIMES AT BEST BUY.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Prospect

As a formar sales supervisor at Best Buy I can tell you they played you off. First you can NOT scan the wrong item as u scan the bar code on the box. Now sometimes it shows let's say R for Rogers and F for Fido and they get that mixed up but not the actual name of the device and all.

Seems to me both stores did not want to help nor actually knew what they were talking about. Most likely saw Pixel Black instead and thought it was for the XL.

I would contact head office of Best Buy and complain about that. Give them the store locations and managers names.

Prospect
I plan to stick around

Hello @Meowmix

It's just baffling that a Mobile Manager at one location and a Sales Manager at the other location both do not know which device is which. 

It comes down to the Mobile Manager holding strong in his belief that he did recieve the Rogers Black XL 128, and that he had one in stock, which seemed to have been sold when I first returned. 

And a Sales Manager who believed he set aside the Black XL 128, but it happened to be a non-XL and expresed his upset at a variance in his system. 

I am really upset that I had to cancel my pending upgrade which would have shipped next week. 

I'm not sure what I should expect them to do at this point.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Prospect

Oh i agree. Normally when dealing with Best Buy, ask for the store manager and they will be able to help you more. The Sales manager doesn't deal with the Mobile Section and only rarely do they come in and help. So whoever they asked, gave them the wrong information and or did not look at the actual system and mixed them up.

In reality if you want, contact Best Buys head office and make a complaint about all that.

As for the device, there is no way to get it from Best Buy unless they release it fully.

I also had a troublesome experience in BestBuy when I was buying the Pixel XL. The got confused with the regular pixel and said that they had it in stock!

Later I finally decided to go ahead with the 32GB Pixel XL Black on Rogers. The sales rep enters my DL number wrong and I get tagged as a fraud in the Rogers system.

So I was made to wait for 4 hours in the store talking to the Rogers Customer care. All the time, the Best Buy rep kept insisting that its a bug from Rogers end. 

I had to check my equifax report also due to this issue. Finally after 4 days, I get to know from the Rogers customer care that the Best Buy rep had entered my DL number wrongly and that caused all the mess!

Because of that, I lost out on couple of offers that Rogers was offering at that time!

Never trusting BestBuy again!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @sacthegreat

Yeah the reps aren't trained good when it comes to Best Buy Mobile. They get a little training but of course they do the online training which they skip most of it and then they get their buddies to help them with the questions. So that's what you get with them

Believe me working at Best Buy I can give u a list of things lol

Prospect
I plan to stick around
are you still with them?

It seems like you're in an internal position as opposed to retail

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Prospect

I still hold a somewhat position with them at this moment ( on leave for personal reasons). I still communicate with them daily and get emails as well.

Prospect
I plan to stick around
I emailed both general managers of the two Best Buy stores today.

I hope they are compassionate enough to understand the damage their mobile manager and sales managers have managed to inflict.

I wasted a total of 8 hours yesterday, from commuting to three stores in my leased vehicle.

Let's not forget it was my day off and of course the fuel and time.

I'm not sure what an appropriate resolution is, but, at this point both sales and mobile manager have yet to show any form of remorse.

The mobile manager offered me a free google DayDream, even though the unit that would have landed next week, would have come with it as part of the Rogers promotion.

And the sales manager offered me $30 Gift Card for my fuel. Even though I spent two hours on the round trip, and another two hours as he spent one sifting through his nonsense, and another hour he spent figuring out how to pass me back to the Mobile Manager.

When I asked him if would take into consideration my time, the unnecessary mileage on my leased vehicle, or the fact he could see I was not alone, he said the gift card would be the best he could do.

Yay Best Buy!

Prospect
I plan to stick around
Rogers said they can order it for me again, but I can get expect delivery in February.

So, 4-5 months after launch.

All cause I thought it would be a smart idea to preorder with Best Buy.

guard
I've been around

Pre-ordering the device through Rogers hasnt exaclty been a pleasant eperience either. I had originally pre-ordered a black pixel XL 128GB when the original promotion was beig offered in September (chroomecast and play store store credit). A few weeks later I received a call from the store saying to come and pick up the device. Since I want to port a number from another carrier getting the phone shipped directly was not an option. Once I arrived at the store I found out they had a 128 GB Pixel. I told them that I had ordered an XL and was told it was my fault, and that I must have ordered the wrong phone. I pulled out the order confirmation and turns out they had sent the wrong device to the store. After arguing with the clerk who insisted he could do nothing more to help I called Rogers. I should also mention that the given Rogers store where I was picking up the phone was offering 200$ off any new activation at the time, and that it was the third time that week that Rogers sent them a regular Pixel for customers who had ordered the XL. I called Rogers and after talking to five different people over the course of three hours I was finally transfered to extrenal CET that ultimately also failed to really help. Since the phone was backordered in their system they apparently couldn't do anything to help. All they offered was a 180$ credit that would be good for the next three months. No chromecast, no play store credit, 20$ less than the store was offering and of course still no phone. After getting off the phone I pre-ordered another phone as was recommended by the agent. Here I am a month later, and my reserved device still has not shipped despite the fact that it was supposed to ship in three to four weeks at the time it was ordered. I have been #8 on the list since I placed the second pre-order and nothing has changed since.  Absolutely pathetic customer service on Rogers' part. 

It baffles me that after the numerous fiascos that take place every year when the Iphones are realeased that carriers and device manufacturers alike are unable to deliver the product. It is just logical to me that both parties should ensure that a reasonabe amount of stock is avaible before releasing a device. Take the earpods that were released yesterday, many store receives as little as eight units. I feel bad for the store clerks who had to deal with all those frustrated customers. 

I guess such is the sad plight of the mobile consumer in Canada. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Prospect

Next time just stay with the carrier pre order instead. Seems like Best Buy doesn't know what they are doing other then what they got told to do.

qa6
I plan to stick around

Just curious if anyone has ever gotten the 2 gigs of data for pre-ordering? It's been a couple of months and no txt saying I have the extra 2 gigs and nothing on my account.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @qa6

a fee people I know which got the device from..Rogers got their 2GB data as well. Have you contacted then and explained to the manager what's going on?

trimaican
I plan to stick around
Yes call them. It took a couple of tries for me. First they said they added it. And it wasn't then a rep said it would be done in 24 hours or the next billing cycle.... Next billing cycle came and nothing. Called them back and the rep said the next billing cycle it would kick in, but then the next day it was processed.

Bottom line they never gave me any problems with my request, just the execution was a bit tricky.

hdresden
I plan to stick around
Glad it worked out in the end for you. Myself though... I'd rather cut my toes off with a rusty butter knife then have to deal with Rogers over the phone again.

Plus I would get spoiled for 12 months and either pay for the extra 2 gigs or curb my usage.

I'll run through this contract and will never sign another one. I'll buy my phones direct from the manufacturer from now on.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @hdresden

Even asking to speak to the office of the President didn't help?. They should have helped u seeing as it was a deal that was offered.

hdresden
I plan to stick around
I never followed up on the extra 2 gigs. I'm talking about the whole s$!t show around my note 7 return.

Not worth it (to me) to be bothered.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @hdresden

Oh yeah believe me it was a headache and half for that. I would say contact them and get the 2GB data which u got for free.