Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

I appreciate and can understand that but the entire point of a pre-order is to assess demand and order accordingly. There are weeks prior to launch where opportunity arose to refine the process and initiate some kind of online system for clients to check themselves rather than arbitrary sms notifications etc...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I think the hardest part is that there isn't a clear cut estimate coming in. is this going to be a month without getting your phone? if so then people can make a decision on another device etc.

I get you don't want to be wrong but it doesn't have to be a locked in guaranteed date either.  

for me waiting a couple more days vs a couple more weeks is crucial as my 6P has already been sold. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @johnchartrand

Actually if you read back pages back almost 1-2 days before launch I communicated and showed that Rogers was showing 3-6 weeks delivery or the 128GB Pixel XL models. They took thay off after launch and sent the texts instead. So they did communicate but failed to do it properly.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @trimaican

They can't give a clear cut estimate if they don't have devices and the manufacturers just send them devices at any time. They don't give carriers dates on when devices will ship to them. I worked at the warehouse at Rogers for a bit and thus why i know this.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes I get that my gripe is that there isn't a good enough partnership where they can get that communicated from in this case google.

On the other side of this where I work if we are short on product our customers tend to show their disappointment and hammer out the question of when? Obviously this is on a different scale as its a completely different market.

Personally for me this just sucks, but i'm just one and who knows I could have my new device this week for all I know.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @trimaican

I agree with what your saying but again different areas of a job. When I worked at Best Buy and a TV was on sale and some wanted it but we didn't have it and could not order it, we couldn't give them a ETA as the system doesn't allow that and doesn't know. So we took down their numbers and called them when it was in.

Sadly the only option Rogers had is to send out text messages and or emails letting customers know what's going on and that's all. A ETA is great but if they don't hit thay and miss it, many if u will be back complaining. So they are saving that from happening. Remember a ETA Is not alwayscorrect .
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

agreed it is sad @Meowmix mainly because someone like me is okay if the dates have to move a couple of times where for others that just antagonizes them even more which like you said just adds fuel to their fire.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @trimaican

Exactly. Agreed with that. With that being said I hope they bring them soon.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

FYI, I have been told by a Rogers rep that the 3-4 week estimate only includes business days.  A very odd way of describing a week, but I suppose that nothing surprises me anymore.  This is the chat transcript.

07:01:50 PM [Kassai] Please keep in mind 3-4 weeks business days only.
07:04:23 PM [Me] Wait... you are saying that 3-4 weeks actually is 5-6 weeks because weekend days are not included?
07:06:36 PM [Kassai] That is correct.

07:09:44 PM [Me] That is odd. I am glad that you clarified that. I imagine most customers, when told to wait a week, would expect to wait 7 days and not 9.
07:10:32 PM [Kassai] Thank you for your understanding. And yes I know this can be confusing.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix and then you run into situations like @Tombolo encounters  and just throws more confustion into the mix